13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2016 2:43 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Delta Hotels in Alberta, Canada

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Have you ever stayed at the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge or the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis?  If you have stayed at either (or both) of these hotels, I would be very interested in your thoughts.  The Royal Canadian Lodge has a note that states "This Delta Hotel does not yet fully participate in rewards.  Elite recognition benefits are available during this stay".  I am going to try to find out when it will be fully participating in rewards. It is about the twice the price of the Lodge at Kananaskis and I wonder if it is worth the extra money. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Banff, Alberta, Canada
  • Re: Delta Hotels in Alberta, Canada
    peymanagement Platinum

The Marriott accounts overview page says the rest of the Deltas will be integrated in late April.

I have not stayed at the hotel but I would stay in Banff.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

Have not stayed recently in either hotel, but when we were in Banff last year we were informed that both of these lodges would be getting a major facelift before being fully integrated into the Marriott system. I would personally stay in Banff of the two choices unless you don't mind the extra hour drive to get up to Banff or Lake Louise. Kananaskis is in a lovely area not as commercialized as Banff.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi All -

Wanted to shed some light for you all.  Delta Hotels not participating at this time will continue to offer Elite Soft Benefits listed below:

Silver Benefits 

-Priority Late Check Out

-Ultimate Reservation Guarantee

Gold Benefits

-Priority Late Check Out

-Room Upgrade

-Complimentary Enhanced Internet Access

-Complimentary Full American or Continental Breakfast

-Concierge Lounge Access

Platinum Benefits

-Priority Late Check Out

-Room Upgrade

-Complimentary Enhanced Internet Access

-Complimentary Full American or Continental Breakfast

-Concierge Lounge Access

-Platinum Arrival Gift

-48 Hour Room Guarantee

Hope this helps and please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions.

I have never used the Platinum 48-hour guarantee.  Does that mean that I can reserve a room now even though online reservations shows no availability?

I called the hotel in Banff today and they will fully integrate into the Marriott Rewards program on May 6.

We are also thinking about adding a few nights in the Jasper National Park area.  I would appreciate any recommendations on where to stay (no Marriott properties in the area), places to see, etc.  We drove as far as the Athabasca Glacier on our visit to the area in 2012 and are considering extending the trip to Jasper on an upcoming trip.

peymanagement Platinum

I use the Fairmont s in Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. The Jasper park lodge gets spotty grades on Trip Advisor, which I can not understand, unless it is the price which is generally high.

The lowest rate for the Fairmont in Jasper is $729.47+tax per night during the time we are there.   I would love to stay there, but just can't justify spending that much money.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.

peymanagement Platinum

Ughh, I don't blame you. Jasper is a pretty rustic place, so I am sure that you can do better than that, I have to admit, that I have always done packages out there through Via Rail, so never knew it was so high or would not have suggested.. Jasper is one of the prettiest places that I have ever seen, and the drive up is amazing.

I did find a rate of $400+ on Kayak.com; however, a 2-night stay would come to over $1000.  I would love to stay there, but that is a bit out of our budget.....

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

Alpine Village was our home base for our stay in Jasper. It is on the outskirts of town with the Athabasca River at its doorstep, wildlife visitors, lovely cabins and 5 minutes from town.

Jasper Cabins Accommodation in Jasper National Park

Jasper is smaller and less commercial than Banff but the surrounding area is spectacular.

image.jpeg

We stayed 2 nights at the Delta Hotel Banff Royal Canadian Lodge.  It is considered a resort; therefore, no platinum benefits are available. We were checked in by the general manager of the property and check-in was as expected. We were "upgraded" to a garden-view room.  Our back-door opened onto this patio. Unfortunately, the trees appeared to be dead and there are no flowers in the beds so it was rather gloomy in the middle of the summer. We also had to keep our curtains closed because anyone sitting on this patio or looking out their window would be able to see in our room.

20160715_171309.jpg

The room was large and very clean.The washroom, as they call it in Canada, is divided into 2 rooms.  The tub/shower, toilet, and a sink is located in one room and another vanity with a sink is located in an adjacent room.  Internet quality was poor; however, we did not report it, so I don't know if it could have been improved or not.  We did not eat at the hotel, so I cannot comment on that.  Parking ($15 CAD) is underground.  Accommodations in Banff are expensive and I did not find this hotel rate to be a good value ($314 CAD/senior rate) particularly since we received no platinum benefits.  There is a wide range of accommodations in Banff, but they fill up quickly so you need to make your reservations as early as possible.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...