3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2016 11:28 AM by clebert RSS

Starwood Aloft and Element

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We have few Starwood properties here in the UK.  But in view of the Marriott/Starwood deal, and earning points I have been looking at what is available from Starwood in the UK.

I see that in September 2017 Starwood shows they will be opening an Aloft at London Tobacco Dock, and an Element at Tobacco Dock as well.  I know Tobacco Dock, and it is very close to the Tower of London, so in a prime London location.

On the assumption this development will still be part of the Marriott/Starwood deal, can someone tell me what the difference is between an Element and an Aloft?

Thanks friends.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
  • Re: Starwood Aloft and Element
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I think:

Aloft = cheaper limited-service version of the full-service W brand, and

Element = cheaper version of Westin. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks clebert.  It is a long way off yet, but I just wondered what the difference was.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I think the Element properties have kitchens/kitchenettes and 1 BR suites as well, but they aren't quite like Residence Inn or TownePlace Suites where they have 2BR and are apartment-like.  They do have free breakfast, so maybe more like SHS if SHS were more stylish and modern.  The Aloft are supposed to be more trendy and edgy, but no free breakfast.  So kind like CY if CYs had were way, way more trendy and hip. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...