1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 7, 2016 1:20 PM by wesleywc RSS

Roseville, MN Residence Inn under consruction

dmurphy6213 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed at the Roseville MN, Residence Inn last weekend April 1 - 4th on points.

The facility was under major renovation that impacted all aspects of my stay. Typically the construction is managed in a section the is not occupied but this was not the case in Roseville. Some of the issues; Drywall dust, paint and plastic throughout the improved eating area, not so appetizing. The entry door to the out side of the property did not lock and had detritus strewn everywhere.This remained open all weekend at all hours to anyone who cared to stroll in. The hall floor I had to walk through to get to my room was torn up and dangerous.

Folks who were staying there got a significant reduction in price to deal with these unpleasant and unsafe conditions. Several left for another hotel. I was charged full points in redemption and there was no indication the the property would be a disaster area when I booked it. Fairness would suggest I get some of these voluminous points charged returned to me account.

Can I get a little help here?

-don0403160636.jpg0403160636a.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Roseville, MN Residence Inn under consruction
    Platinum 4 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

When you book a Marriott hotel....the hotel usually states on its website if the hotel is undergoing renovations (usually a month out). If I were you....I'd check out the web site and if there isn't such statement contact the hotel and state this in your complaint. Make sure you tell them (GM and or manager) what recourse you deem acceptable to make the situation better. Since you did stay there after finding out about the hotel conditions I doubt you will receive the entire 3 days worth of points. However, I'd ask for all your points back and negotiate down from there. Good luck.

Edit 04/07/2016...I just checked the website and the "under reno" is on their website. Given this, I doubt you will be given a refund on your points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...