5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2016 5:32 AM by brightlybob RSS

Scams

carmencam Member
Currently Being Moderated

Many people are getting ready to stay in Orlando for the summer season. Don't fall for the trap at some of the resorts that ask you to come for a 90 minute session to view the property or do Time share viewing! They will bring sales person after sales person and keep you for over three hours.  They did it to me and just about everyone in our group.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Scams
    peymanagement Platinum

Yes, a complete waste of vacation time and gets one all upset.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Another reason why I never take "advantage" of these offers!

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I enjoy staying at the MVC's but always decline these invites.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

carmencam, a really good way to get them off your back is to tell them you're married but traveling without your spouse.  That's like holy water to a vampire

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I remember several years ago a thread on Flyertalk about Marriott timeshare presentations and how they were non-pressurised, informative and if at the end you said a firm "no" you'd be in and out after around the hour stated with the points crediting to your account a few days later.

Alas since being spun-off it would appear the MVC that carries Marriotts name and reputation is now no better than every other scamming high pressure timeshare sales outfit out there. That's a pity.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...