11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2016 2:10 PM by peymanagement RSS

Concierge/club level when using points

jroyjohnson Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've never paid much attention to obtaining a room with concierge access as I usually don't spend much time in the hotel when I travel. But for a variety of reasons, having concierge club, or lounge access for our upcoming trip to Montreal would be beneficial.  I'm a platinum member and will be booking entirely with points.  The Delta Marriott in Montreal is the only one in town that shows rates for concierge level rooms in addition to regular room rates.

My question is do you have to book the concierge level room (which was approx 10k more points a day) or would I get access and all the benefits of the lounge by default just by being a platinum member even if my room was on a different floor?

Also is anyone familiar with other Montreal hotels that have a good concierge lounge?

Thanks in advance!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Concierge/club level when using points
    7 Gold 1 Reviews

In my experience, if there is a lounge I get access for being Platinum regardless of the room type, floor, or how I'm paying.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Yes, as long as your MR number is on record, you should have CL access and also should get all your other perks.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

If you are Platinum, you get lounge access.  I have never paid the higher price for a concierge level room.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

The Delta in Orlando I stayed at recently did not have a CL.  Don't know if that indicates they're phasing them out or not.

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

We stay at the Delta in downtown Toronto and their lounge is lovely and new so they are not phasing them out. Have also stayed at Deltas in the western provinces and all have lovely CLs.

peymanagement Platinum

The Orlando Delta is a resort, it was also opened after the takeover.

As noted above most Delta's in Canada have a lounge, but not all. Delta was an excellent chain, and before I achieved status with Marriot I would pick it over full service Marriot hotels every time except Montreal, and that is only because of location. The Delta Toronto is an amazing hotel. It is down near the waterfront, close to the baseball and hockey and basketball stadia.

rlswider Platinum 7 Reviews

according to this link on marriotts site Marriott Rewards | Delta Hotels and Resorts gold and platinum have lounge access at delta montreal after january 28th 2016 

peymanagement Platinum

The Delta Montreal has a lounge. However, check out the other full service Marriot Hotels in Montreal as well. I have stayed at the Delta a few times it is fine but I find the others better located. I stay at the Chateau Champlain it has a lounge. there, there is also a Ren, which I have not stayed and another Marriot which I have not stayed.

Are you getting a rate worthy of burning all of those points? Remember the Canadian Dollar is way down right now.

jroyjohnson Platinum

Thank you all for the information.  

Thanks for the recommendation, Pey.  We were actually looking at the Chateau Champlian initially, but didn't see a rate for concierge level.  Now that I know not to worry about the rate and just double check that the hotel has one and the hours they are open, I will review our choices once again.  The Champlain did seem like it was in a great spot so I hope it's lounge has decent hours.

I travel a lot for work and haven't used many points the past year so fortunately, I have quite a few to spare. 

Thanks again!

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

I am a Platinum w/Marriott and have travelled allot and stayed with them allot

Whether the hotel quotes a rate for the CL is not really that indicative.

The key is :

1) does the hotel have a CL? (note, any Marriott with resort in the name does not have a CL and wont give you any form of comp breakfast, a discount, maybe, but not always),

2) are you Gold or Plat or better? If yes then you get CL access for you and ONE guest. Not for you, one guest and children. Its for the Gold or Plat plus ONE guest, adult or not

3) Will the CL allow you to bring more than one guest and what is the cost?

4) when is the CL open? Many are NOT open on weekends/major holidays. When that happens, its up to each hotel what they do. Some give continental breakfast scrip for use at the restaurant, some don't. Most will offer you 750 points for each day the CL is closed and then tell you no continental breakfast coupon.

5) being a paid stay or a points stay doesn't matter, if you have the status and the CL ids open, you get the access

So, in short, call the FD at the hotel and they can answer all of your questions. You can also go to a website, flyertalk, go to the hotels link and then go to Marriott page. There is a "sticky" at the top of the Marriott page that has every Marriott in the world and the CL , its times and what they offer and in what form.

I travel allot for work, and always use the CL for Breakfast, if its available. When I  take the family on vacation, then we see what is better (CL or not, if one is available) and what food options are nearby and make our choice.

I have not stayed at any of the Dleta properties so I don't have any frame of reference, and if you chose a ritz, no lounge access unless you pay for it, none, zippo, zero, nada, doesn't matter what status you have with Marriott.

Good luck, hope you find the hotel you want that has the amenities that are important to you

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I'm due to stay at the Deltas in both Montreal and Quebec in July and can confirm both have lounges and both allow free access to Gold and Plats.

Marriotts full service (FS) brands (Marriott, JW, Autograph, Rennaissance and Delta) must offer lounge access to all Gold/Plats. Where the lounge is closed, or where there's no lounge the hotel must offer continental breakfast for 2 in the restaurant or 750 points each morning, the choice being that of the member. Around a dozen FS hotels worldwide are exempt from the breakfast provision at weekends when they then give 1,000 points in lieu. Resort properties (whatever their brand) are exempted from providing all these benefits, as are Ritz Carltons and Editions.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...