3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2016 12:33 PM by clebert RSS

Marriott credit card offers Gold status but I have questions

76trombones Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am applying for the 80k points plus Gold Status Chase credit card which also grants gold status after spending $3k in first 3 months etc. I can complete those requirements almost immediately.

Do I have to wait a full 6-8 weeks before enjoying Gold status when I travel? I am going to be on the road for the next couple of months at some nice Marriott properties (thru May) and could really use the little extras. Any suggestions?

I have Lifetime nights 427 and Points 663,574 almost there and then the rules changed!! ARHG.

I missed gold by a hair in 2015 so I am currently Silver with 520,574 points and 22 NIGHTS this year.

BUT I know this is an unrelated question but why does my account say I have 22 nights this year and lists only just 3 stays totaling 7 nights. Even those plus upcoming reservations only total 18.

Am I missing something?

I have Diamond status at Hilton but seem to be moving more towards Marriott and I just don't seem to have the time to figure out how to maximize all the various offers from travel partners etc..

Enjoying this site. Glad to have found you all!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott credit card offers Gold status but I have questions
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

76trombones,

Welcome to Insiders!  Glad to have you and looking forward to getting know you through our interactions! 

Unfortunately the Chase Marriott Rewards credit card does not offer gold status.  It provides 15 Elite Qualifying Nights (EQNs) towards your status each year that you have the card, which is good for Silver Elite.  It does provides an additional 1 EQN/$3,000 in spend, which posts within a couple of weeks after the billing cycle in which you achieve the next $3,000 threshold. 

The only card that truly offers Gold Elite status is the Ritz-Clarton Rewards card by JP Morgan (Chase).  You get gold status upon approval, but must spend $10,000 on the card in the first year to keep it.  The annual fee is $450, but provides $200 in airline spend credit. 

Now I've heard of some being able to keep their gold status because they're a "loyal Marriott Rewards Visa" customer, but it isn't a published benefit of the card.  I think it would be great if it did become a standard benefit to match the benefits of the Hilton cards, but so far nothing has been publicly announced.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

76trombones, you might have rollover nights from last year. That could be why your account is showing 22 nights.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

76trombones, one more thing:  you could call MR and ask for a status match with your Hilton Diamond status.  I don't know of any official offer from MR to do status matches, but MR might consider them on a case by case basis.  It's worth a shot.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...