4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2016 8:39 AM by iahflyr RSS

Philly Stopover - Pleasant, albeit brief

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Driving north (to NY), and with a late start (didn't hit the road until well after the evening rush), I got as far as Philly (alas, after midnight), but spent a surprisingly pleasant night at the Philadelphia Renaissance at the airport.  As I've often found, when in doubt, more times than not, Renaissance offers favorable pricing and one or more "little things" that tend to cause me to choose Renaissance first, almost anytime I have a choice....  And, yes, Renaissance offer the best toiletries (from Aveda - ahhhhhh, which I prefer to Thann - http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1281)....

A few quick additional notes and reactions:

• Upgraded to a (very nice) suite, even if I had no obvious nocturnal use for the dining/conference table with seating for six - but the room was extremely spacious and comfortable;
  • Cheerful front desk folks (even during the dark/wee hours);
  • Wonderful to be cheerfully offered - at check in - a breakfast buffet for the next morning; the breakfast room was quite comfortable, but the highlights were:
    • outstanding - truly delightful - omelette to order - the guy manning the omelette station was a real pro (and polite and enthusiastic) - produced a DELICIOUS omelette; and
    • gorgeous fresh fruit - a wonderful selection - particularly attractive and tasty strawberries and melons (in addition to other options);
  • Interesting ponds on both sides full of geese - which might be great if you like geese - but it also meant that geese droppings were broadly distributed throughout the parking lot and sidewalks;
  • Close enough to the highway/turnpike that it was convenient, far enough away that there wasn't highway noise;
  • Free parking is nice, so close to the city; and
  • and an interesting combination of guest rooms that are probably due for renovation, while the lobby is extremely modern, hip, trendy, and/or dramatic.  I'm not sure if any of the seating is actually comfortable, but it made for pretty good eye candy - see below:

20160402_095318 (2).jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
  • Re: Philly Stopover - Pleasant, albeit brief
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I've stayed at the PHL Airport Renaissance a time or two when the airport Marriott didn't have the government rate available or was sold out, it was always a nice spot to overnight before the mid day flight home. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

ssindc...Thanks for posting your comments about your stay at The Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel...I prefer Renaissances whenever I can get them at a reasonable rate and am actually booked at the Philly location for Monday night...I'm really looking forward to my stay after reading your post.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

sounds nice but to me its nice to walk out the Marriott at the airport and right into the security line

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yep, tough to beat the Airport Marriott for the closeness to the rental car return as well as the security, but the real deal is the CL and Nathan the CL "MAN".  He is such a wonderful fun happy go lucky fella, always smiling and greeting his guests usually by name if he has seen you previously.  I sure miss not having that PHL layover. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...