3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2010 10:28 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Vail Marriott Resort

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

For folks who not only enjoy fantastic skiing but a great package try the Vail Marriott!

Not only were the rooms nice but the dining was exceptionally good.  Our conference was really a success thanks to the personal service from the fine dining professionals who served our group.

A special thanks (Pictured), to Ms. Tiffany B., David and Andrew for making the food experience so special.

The snow was fresh, deep, and special.

Thank-you Vail Marriott.

• Re: Vail Marriott Resort
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Greetings Jerry

Quick question.  Marriott has 3 vacation club properties, Birch, Douglas and Evergreen at Streamside, Vail.  What's unusual is that these 3 properties do not participate in the Marriott Rewards program.  They do not generate or accept Rewards points.

Another owner advises that last year, the front desk at the Vail Marriott Resort sets up a 'house account' for owners/guests at Streamside Vail so that dining and other incidentals can be billed to that account for the purposes of generating Rewards points.  At all other MVC properties like the Custom House in Boston, incidentals at the hotel can be billed to the villa and earn points.  

Did this topic come up during your stay?  Do you know if the practice continues?  It's a great solution to what is the exception to the rule.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

TJC,

I am familiar with the Streamside, but do not like the location vrs. the Marriott.  I just like to walk to the Vail Village or take the free bus (Which also services the Streamside.

I knew the Streamside does not participate in the program, but I really do not know about how it works at The Vail Marriott.

TJC, I can tell you that all of the people really treated us well and I did upgrade to a room with a wonderful fireplace and kitchenette for $50 more per day.  It was worth it as I am not an early riser and enjoy my own food in the morning.  By the way the lady who handled our Marriott rewards so gracefully was Hillary.

One last thing, the Concierge arranged for us to be picked up and returned to the Vail airport (and put the charge on the room!).  Likewise, the two fantastic dinners at Game Creek Lodge (Atop Vail Mountain) and Kelly Liken's where arranged by the Concierge (Gabby) and both where so memorable and good values.  

Hope this helps!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Greetings Jerry

The room photo really showcases the features you describe.  As good as any property is, I agree wholeheartedly - it's the people - that makes the experience unforgettable.

Regards Vail Streamside, it is quite remarkable that lodging and vacation ownership coexist w/in a market under the same Marriott umbrella where one brand participates in Marriott Rewards and the other doesn't.  The lack of MR participations at Streamside speaks to the exclusivity which the owners at that property have every right to preserve.  It must be very nice to contemplate a vacation free of how many Elite Qualifying Nights and points one will earn.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...