6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2016 10:10 AM by tommo781 RSS

Using Points + Cash for stays?

officerhorn Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I recently changed from Hilton Honors to Marriott rewards. Hilton offers a deal where I can use a lower amount of points and pay lower dollar amount for a room (Example; 8,000points + $50). I have heard that Marriott was working on something similar. has anyone else heard about anything like this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using Points + Cash for stays?
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

It started 24th March.  Here is a link to the thread.

Pay for any stay with the NEW Cash + Points

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for the helpful response, Tommo781!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

AS Tommo781 points out its here right now, but as hotel participation is voluntary availability is patchy.

To see cash and points simply select use points when searching at Marriott.com and go to the hotel you choose, the redemption choices will be there.

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Has anyone actually seen this option? When I look around for this "new" feature and click on cash + points, it only shows me the option to select certain days using points and other days using cash just like it has always been. There is no option which shows paying a reduced rate plus points. Is this system operating yet?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes, it's up and running taxman193 but hotels are responsible for their participation.

If I look randomly at Huntingdon in the UK I can see weekday redemptions at 20k points, or I can pay £140, which works out at $200, 1UScent per point, a decent redemption. No C&P offered. But if I look at the weekend I now have 2 redemption options, the 20,000 points or £50 cash and 11,000 points. Now C&P would be great value if the rate was still £140, but it's not. The weekend members cash rate is in fact... £48... Yes, pay all cash and save yourself the 11,000 points and £2 of copayment! And earn points on the £48!

To be clear I didnt look specifically for this example, I just looked there because I need to be there in May! But it does show how oddly all these options can work out!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...