6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2016 10:53 PM by randomname RSS

Marriott Rewards Point

nomushroom Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi guys,

I just got the credit card. How long will it take to get the daily use rewards point updated into my account so that I can use it? I used it for more than a week but the point on my account is still zero.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Point
    seatexan Platinum

My Rewards Account shows the number of points from Non Marriott spending, like if I buy gas or groceries, at the next billing cycle.  So it could take up to 4 weeks for every day purchases.  When I use my card at a Marriott hotel, then it might take up to 4 days. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Your points from credit card spending typically credit a few days after your monthly statement is produced. Likewise your points from hotels usually credit a few days after you checkout.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

nomushroom,

If you have a Chase card, like me:

The credit card has a closing date each month. Normally, you'll see the points from your purchases, within a few days after closing. When you stay at a Marriott property, you'll get 5 points for every dollar, including tax. You'll get 2 points for every dollar spent at restaurants, on airline tix, and renting cars. Then of course, you'll get 1 point for all other purchases.

I'm curious, did you just sign up for the credit card and it's 80,000 points bonus? If so, the T&C mention three months and $3000 spend to qualify. It also states 6-8 weeks after meeting the threshold for the points to be deposited.

Good luck and welcome to Insiders.

nomushroom Silver

Yes, that 80000 one is what I signed up for. just one more question here. Do you know how to check the anniversary date for this credit card? I know there is a free night reward for the anniversary every year.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Give Chase a call. There should be a number on the back of your card.

By the way, I track all my stays and spending online at Chase. I have never caught an error. The only issue I've ever had was a day or two delay in points posting to my Marriott Rewards account. Honestly, I think the issue was on Marriott's side, not Chase.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Anniversary date should be the expiration date on the front of the card, given as Month/Year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...