17 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2016 8:35 AM by peymanagement RSS

Munich Germany, Does anyone have any experience with the Residence Inn Munich East?

peymanagement Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

A few of the days that I am in Munich the Marriott is full, has anyone stayed here? The Trip advisor reviews are very good.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Munich Germany, Does anyone have any experience with the Residence Inn Munich East?
    seatexan Platinum

The RI seems so far from the action.

jerrycoin I think has been to Munich before.

I have plans for 2-3 days in Munich as well next year so any advice would be awesome.

The CY City Center seemed like it was in a sketchy area.  The TripAdvisor reviews lead me to think this.  Strip clubs were mentioned numerous times (no thanks)! I think I read somewhere pluto77 has stayed at the CY? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Munich Germany, Does anyone have any experience with the Residence Inn Munich East?
      peymanagement Platinum

Ya I didn't want to stay at CY.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes!

But have not stayed at The RI, just The Marriott and the old Renaissance!  Great locations.

I have checked out the RI, and really not sold on that location.  The downtown CY, seems very nice as well!  Location is everything, and I would recommend taking the train from the airport to whatever location one chooses.  Once there, a wonderful choice of places is:

FH060006.jpg

Hofbrau House!

DSCN0144_0115.jpg

Marienplatz, a wonderful place to visit!

DSCN0153_0121.jpg

Olympic Park

Have a wonderful trip!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Yes, but that's why I stay at the City Center CY, for the strip clubs.   Just kidding.

Seriously, we stayed there on our first visit to Munchen (over a weekend), for just two reasons: a better price and it was walking distance to a lot of the cool stuff, like Englischer Garten, Frauenkirchen, Peterskirchen, Marienplatz, Viktualienmarkt, Residenz Royal Palace, Bayerische Staatsoper, Hofbrauhaus Munchen, etc. etc. etc.  The number of things to do, see, enjoy are endless.  The Hauptbahnof is very close by, if arriving by train.  The Courtyard is very pedestrian, nothing like luxury, but it's clean, functional, well priced and positioned.  The street that it's located on is nothing fancy or any reflection of what one would consider to be quintessential Bayern.  I don't recall seeing any strip clubs, but if folks say they're there, they must be.  I just recall a variety of retail as well as casual restaurants, but wasn't really paying attention.  I think there are some markets as well as a drug store (apotheke) on that street, which sometimes come in handy.  Walking around, mostly we were focus on trying to figure out where we were going and/or how to find our way to the Zentrum.  peymanagement, It's the closest Marriott property to the city center and I never felt unsafe.

The Res Inn looks like it sits near the rail lines, and you could walk a couple of blocks to the Ostbahnof, where you could catch the #5 line into the city center.  I don't know if the rail lines are noisy.

The Munich Marriott does seem perfect, as it is a stones throw from the U6 light rail line, which will take you to the Marienplatz in only 5 stops.  For the nights that it's booked, choose another property, but then keep checking back, especially as your trip gets close, in case someone has canceled.

We once stayed at the Munich Airport Marriott in Freising.  Lovely property that treated us like we were their best customers ever, ever.  Freising is a lovely town.

hydroventures Platinum

I have also stayed CY and it is super convenient.  I did not notice any "sketchy-ness"  But for that matter, all areas near Centrale train stations in Europe would be considered sketchy areas.  Same as bus or train stations anywhere else for that matter..Bottom line the CY is clean, professional and friendly staffed, decently priced, and I already mentioned super convenient to rail, and Metro. 

homoviator Platinum

train station is a bit rough around the edges but I felt safe. I just wanted to mention there is an Aloft that just opened last year right out side the main train station. the location couldn't be better with much better rates than the CY or RI. I can't wait for the merger because that will be my go to hotel. As it is I spend 2 or 3 nights a year in Munich and don't use the Marriott brands because the price is double some of the more local brands.

there is also a new Moxy at the Munich airport. Going to give it a try this year.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

I stayed at the Courtyard Munich City East (which, at least at the time, was attached to the Residence Inn), and I was very happy with it, and the access to the train station.  Also, the breakfast, which was included, was terrific.  NOT a scenic street, but sufficiently convenient and very attractively priced....

Some additional Munich pics here: Munich - wonderful

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...