8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2016 11:07 AM by wesleywc RSS

Stays at the NAC

Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Background Information:  I have a few short stays coming up in May and June at the NAC and was hoping someone could shed some light on the town (Columbia, SC), the airport, and the Marriott connection to the NAC.

What I believe I know: Marriott merged with Sodexho to become Sodexho Marriott Services some time ago.

Questions:

1. Does Sodexho run the facility (NAC) or just the food operations?

2. Why does Marriott not choose to put these governmental hotels under its umbrella of hotels? Is it because the hotels are not open to the public?

3. What is there to do/see at night besides skateboard around campus (Hotel is on U of South Carolina campus).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
NAC
NAC, SC
NAC, South Carolinia
NAC, SC
  • Re: Stays at the NAC
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

As I recall Marriott sold significant assets to Sodexho and the new entity became Marriott Sodexho but this entity was not part of Marriott.  At some pint, I believe, the name Marriott was not dropped.  I don't think that there is any longer a connection.  This is not unlike the way Marriott spun of most of its hotel ownership to Host Marriott.  Later, a Host, bought many non Marriott properties, they dropped Marriott from their name and are now just Host Hotels.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 4 Reviews

You are probably right. It is interesting that Marriott continues to be part of the name though.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi wesleywc.  The NAC is not a Marriott property, however they are using Sodexho as their food service provider.  Because of this, the only information I was able to find out is: In 2001, Sodexho Marriott Services merged with SMS Acquisition Corp and became a wholly owned subsidiary of Sodexho Alliance. This company is no longer publicly held.

Platinum 4 Reviews

The NAC.jpg

The dogs visits the NAC (Columbia, SC). Click on pic for a better view.

No dogs are allowed inside or on the property, however as your next Supreme Court Justice, the dog has a little influence I guess.

Location Brand Hotel
    NAC
      Platinum 4 Reviews

The NAC 2.jpg

The dog.....NACing at the NAC.

Location Brand Hotel
      NAC, SC
    Platinum 4 Reviews

NAC at night 1.jpg

NAC at night. Say that 3 times fast. SAY IT!

Location Brand Hotel
    NAC, SC
    Platinum 4 Reviews

IMG_0246 (1).JPG

What they feed us (you're paying for it if you're a US taxpayer......thanks) at the NAC. No dinners though.

Location Brand Hotel
    NAC, South Carolinia
    Platinum 4 Reviews

NAC ROOM 1.png

NAC ROOM 2.png

My room at the NAC

Location Brand Hotel
    NAC, SC

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...