1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 26, 2010 1:51 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Fort Worth Worthington - Renaissance

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Stayed here for New Year's Eve.  Was a nice experience.   I'd stayed here before, but it had been a couple of years.    Overall, the Worthington continues to hold on to some of it's Texas design / charm, but it also delivers a Renaissance / Marriot experience in line with what you'd expect. 

Checkin / Checkout
When we arrived, we were promptly checked in and given the room type we requested. 
Staff was friendly and knowledgable.   They were also great on checkout.

Room
We had a King size suite on the very end of the floor.   It had a nice sized balcony --- although it was much too cold to take advantage of.   The living room was spacious and had a bar area.    Bedroom was large.   Bathroom was massive -- marble countertops -- there was a separate sink / closet area from the tub / toilet area.   Toiletries were the Renaissance Rosemary-Mint scented ones --- very refressing.    Bedding was really comfortable.  Throughout the room, there were little design touches -- lamps, etc, of things that had a Texas feel.

Special Requests
I'm a platinum member.   I'd called in advance to ensure my room would have champagne flutes and ordered some chocolate covered strawberries so we could toast the new year.   The hotel not only comp'ed the strawberries, but gave us a bottle of champagne as well.

Design / Challenges
So many people have commented on the design of the hotel.   It's 2 blocks long.  if you are close to the elevators, you trade a short walk for more traffic and noise.   We were on the very opposite end, and frankly, the peace and quiet were worth the hike.   However, the 4 elevators aren't really enough for the hotel when it's full.   They were really slow at peak times, and could easily make you late if you didn't leave plenty of time.   Also --- the carpets in the hallways are showing their wear.....

Concierge Lounge
There is a lounge in this property.   I've used alot of these at a lot of properties.    One thing that surprised me -- the lounge was right there when you got of the elevator on that floor.   They offered eggs, cold cuts, pastries / breads, fruits, hot and cold cereal.   The lounge was very small for the number of people that were there -- seating was limited.   They also seemed to be having issues keeping up with refilling not only the foods, but the beverages.

Valet Parking
The valet staff were the only staff members we encountered that weren't really helpful.   When we dropped off the car, we were told to call down when we needed the car.   When we did, we were told they didn't take phone requests after a certain time.   So, we went downstairs.   Someone went to get the car, and when they did, they just parked it and walked away.   If we hadn't been paying attention, we never would have known our car was up.   I expect a little more if I'm going to pay $18 to valet park the car.

Overall
Despite a few bumps, this really is a great place.   Also, you cannot beat the location.   It's right in Sundance Square.   You're close to Bass Hall, lots of restaurants and bars, and some unique shopping.    Definitely a great place to stay for a special weekend on the town!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fort Worth Worthington - Renaissance
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Kim,

Thanks!

We are moving our group here for the upcoming coin show in March.

We will enjoy the Ren. hospitality and Ft. Worth food.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...