2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2016 5:13 PM by phctourist RSS

Certificates of limited use

shawn1315 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Maybe someone has addressed this elsewhere, I'm new to these forums so indulge a silly question if it's been asked/answered elsewhere.

I do sign up for the promotions as they occur, and usually have little to no issue making the "gates" for being rewarded for my loyalty. In the past when they've done the certificate programs for a certain number of nights stay they made the certificate(s) good for a wider variety of categories than in the current promotion.  I believe that the current certificate is only good for Cat 1-5 which is of zero value for a stay in any city larger than say, Raleigh NC for a good property.

I have earned, used and appreciated these certificates in past times when I was stuck in places like Chicago or LA and they were good for Cat 1-8 hotels, which gives a much wider variety of hotels and certainly better access to either downtown or the airport.  I am currently doing a workshop in NYC and with my current certificate I'd have to stay in Connecticut or NJ out on the west side of Newark. No thanks.

C'mon Marriott, I'm a Platinum Elite and loyal customer and the best I can expect is to be able to use this reward not in any major American city?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Certificates of limited use
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

You're right. It's been addressed many times, but it's not a silly question.

Here's a link to a list of possible locations you might try. Re: Where can I use my category 1-5 certificate in the USA?

As you've already discovered, anywhere near NYC is pretty much out of the question. Don't forget, the list in the link above does not include CY, SHS, FFI, RI, or TPS. That means there are many more possibilities out there.

Hope that helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Certificates of limited use
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

This is a common whine, but it does not ring true.  Just check the list and you can find many hotels that are in or just outside of, many large American cities.

I've yet to let a cert. go unused for lack of an inviting place to use it.

Nevertheless, it would be nice if we could upgrade these certs for points or cash.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...