11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2016 12:45 AM by dansplan RSS

Two Years of Featured Insiders

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hard to believe how quickly the time has passed. We're coming up on two years since the introduction of the Featured Insider. With a brand new selection just the other day, I began looking back over the history of the Featured Insider and the folks who have been highlighted over the past two years.

Those who have joined Marriott Rewards Insiders recently may not know that before the Featured Insider there used to be an "Insider of the Month". Many of the the longtime contributors we all know were selected. Beginning in early 2014, the Insider of the Month was replaced by the Featured Insider, complete with a short bio and picture right on the welcome page. How do I know? I was the first one subjected to such ridicule honored in this way. Interestingly, the official announcement showed up the day after my mugshot picture appeared online.

So over the last 2 years, here are the folks who have been named Featured Insiders along with a link to the announcement/post  when the change happened (in the early days, there was not always an official announcement, we just discovered the change when logging in). It's still a relatively small group, but it's nice that every couple of months, we get a new victim recruit.

bejacob - 9 noticeable changes to the community homepage inspired by K-I-S-S - March 2014

brightlybob - Re: New Featured Insider - June 2014

Frogs - Say Hello to Your New Featured Insider! - September 2014

jakeal -Say Hello to Your New Featured Insider!  -December 2014

7Say hello to your new Featured Insider! - February 2015

Jsucool76 - Say hello to your new Featured Insider! - April 2015

muppetwrangler - Say hello to your new Featured Insider! - June 2015

Guidedog613 - Say hello to your new Featured Insider! - September 2015

foxglove - Say hello to your new Featured Insider! - November 2015

jerryl - Say hello to your new Featured Insider!  - January 2016

and of course our newest Featured Insider

SeaTexanSay hello to your new Featured Insider! - March 2016

These are just a few of the folks that make Marriott Rewards Insiders a special place. I'd love to include all the people who were named "Insider of the Month" before that title was retired. You'd see a lot of familiar names on that list. If you're curious, do a search of the site.

In any case, congratulations to all who have been featured over the last couple years. It will be fun to see how the list grows. Brightlybob, it might be time for a bigger clubhouse.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Two Years of Featured Insiders
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You sure do your homework bejacob....great research and I'm surprised that you didn't venture deep into the Insiders hallways to bring up all the worthy and ancient Insiders of the Month!!

Congrats to all you "Featured Insiders" and yes, it is all your fault for starting this bejacob.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I would have loved to look back at the "Insiders of the Month," I just ran out of time/space, so I focused solely on the Featured Insiders. Putting together a list of Insiders of the month would be a worthy research project. Thinking about just a few of names I know are on the list, it might now better be called the "Insiders Hall of Fame."

I highly encourage anyone who joined Insiders in the last couple years to search the site for "Insider of the Month." It's truly a Who's Who of MRI. I applaud and celebrate each and every person on that list. Great folks, one and all.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

When you retire you'll have plenty of time unless you take up golf!!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Agree with IAHFLYR, Groovy.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

For those of us attending the tipple we should have a pic to post to all

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Ggreat work there, bejacob I was trying to recall the identities of all the alumni, but now I've no need to keep my brain awake.

seatexan Platinum

That is an impressive list with some wonderful names on there.  Hard shoes to fill I think! I am still surprised and grateful.

A picture at the tipple is a great idea.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

WIll be a rose between a bunch of thorns  

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Another great write up bejacob!!  It's neat to see all the "club members" listed in one thread. I agree, a group photo is in order!

Looks like I need to update this topic. Since March, we've added two new Featured Insiders.

So rather than modify the original post, here is an addendum

wesleywc (or should that be Mr. B?) -  Say hello to your new Featured Insider! - June 2016

nationwide - Say hello to your new Featured Insider! - August 2016

Glad to have you as part of the club. When you add all the folks who were named "insider of the Month" before the Featured Insider began, it begins to look like a Who's Who of MRI.

Platinum

I'd like to nominate SeaTexan as the first member of the Soon-to-be-announced Hall of Fame

Anyone wanna second or propose anything else? Thanks to all of the Featured Insider's - you've all worn your celebrity well and not let it go to your head (or to the dogs in some cases)