11 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2016 1:05 PM by ches RSS

Marriott Sales Spamming My Cell Phone

greekbecky Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Sneaky Marriott.  Today a call came in on my cell phone with a local area code.  Thinking it was someone I knew, I mistakenly answered it and lucky me, it was Marriott offering me a free night...SPAM time to hang up.  Now I will be blessed with them returning these sales spam calls because I stupidly answered, again, lucky me.

As a Marriott Rewards member, do I really have to subjected to this ****?  Not a very good way to treat loyal customers that's for sure.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Sales Spamming My Cell Phone
    dbrand0865 Platinum

I just started getting the same type of calls.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

You can always block the number.  Do you think it is really Marriott calling, or scam?

greekbecky Platinum

Yes, it was Marriott.  I probably shouldn't have used the word 'scam' so loosely, I guess its not a scam if you know who it is and its not actually illegal in nature. 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Best thing to do is to block the number as has already been mentioned.  Next, make sure you list all your phone numbers on both the National and State No Call Lists.  Once you fill out the form online you'll get an email that you must respond to for each number you put on the lists, if you don't follow the email link to active the numbers they will not show up on the No Call lists.  It takes a few weeks for the No Call to take affect and it is good for about six months to a year I believe.

greekbecky Platinum

I've done this in the past, but it pays to revisit it...good reminder, thank you.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi all - Marriott is aware of these calls and unfortunately, it is a scam.  For more information, please check out the following announcement: 

http://news.marriott.com/2015/05/marriott-international-responds-to-continued-phone-scam.html

saraswati1013 Platinum

I wondered about that as well, since I just received one too last week. I thought it was odd but just hung up as it sounded ridiculous. Thanks for the posts all, now I'm not wondering what I missed out on...

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I have not received any calls from Marriott Time Share and I'll be most unhappy if I do receive any such calls.

greekbecky Platinum

I happy to see the confirmation on these posts too...I worried after my post that I might've sounded paranoid...

greekbecky Platinum

This is really good to know, thanks very much!

ches Member

I have been receiving calls, purportedly from Marriott, however I don't believe it is them.  I am on the registry both National and State, for my cell phone not being spammed, however, I get calls from this company, even after "opting out" of the solicitation calls.  I finally selected to have a representative contact me and when I tried to tell them in person to remove me, they hung up on me.  They also ghost their number to appear as a local caller and the phone numbers are bogus, you can't call them back.  They have used 3 different local numbers on me so far.  This practice of ghosting is illegal.  I have not come up with a solution to have them stop contacting me, other than blocking the numbers, but this is ineffective, since they keep using different ones.

Marriott is a reputable organization and I have stayed in numerous facilities and always found them to be nice and their customer service folks have always been professional, courteous, and friendly.

Too bad someone is using them as a front to scam people.  I am very frustrated by the number of calls I get and how devious they are.  Any suggestions to go after the fakes, I am open to it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...