3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2016 9:54 PM by jm1991 RSS

10 X USD on Rewards site & 5 X $ spent on Marriott Rewards credit card

cdesja5 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I just booked 6 nights at a JW Marriott and was looking on the Rewards site for the points earned value. The rewards site gives it as 10 X USD $ spent at the location. I then checked to see what the point value was on my Rewards credit card and it is only 5 X. Which is the right one?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 10 X USD on Rewards site & 5 X $ spent on Marriott Rewards credit card
    allleisure Platinum

Both.  Regardless of the form of payment, you earm Marriott Rewards points on your stay according to the class of property rules (JW, Ren, Courtyard, etc.) and your elite status (Silver, Gold, etc.).  You also earn Marriott Rewards points when you use your Chase Marriott Rewards credit card, based on the type of purchase.

Your hotel points are generally posted within a few days after you check out.  If it has been ten days or more and the points have not been posted, you are encouraged to file a missing stay request (form available at Marriott.com).  Credit card points are generally posted several days after the closing date.

This "double dipping" (to steal a phrase from the competition) leads to a rapid accumulation of points.

JWs have been my favorite stays. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

homoviator Platinum

cdesja5, It was this site (reward-insiders) that got me to get the credit card for precicely the reasons allleisure has mentioned, the "double dipping" means an $800 bill can generate you about 8000 for the x10 pts. then another 4000 for the x5 points.  if you happen to be platinum you get another 50% on the 8000 points.  so for example, if you were platinum, you'd get 8000 then 4000 and 4000 for a total of 16,000 pts. That extra 4000 is one of the reasons we are all trying to get to or stay at platinum where you get a 50% bonus on the points.  Silver is 20% so that would be 1600 extra, 25% for gold and 50% for platinum.  Also, with the credit card, you get automatic silver, so that will get you a 20% bonus.  Now you can see how points will start rolling in once you are platinum. 

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

As others mentioned, you earn 10pnts/$ plus any elite member bonus from the hotel regardless of what you use to pay.By using the marriott credit card you earn an additional 5pnts/$ if you pay with it at any marriott branded hotel.  Keep in mind the points earned with the credit card will post separately a few days after your statement closes

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...