5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2016 3:06 PM by deannad RSS

Atlantis Bahamas...Anyone else experience poor customer service/lack of pool tubes

suz Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just stayed at the Royal Towers at Atlantis and I was underwhelmed by lack of customer service. I felt the visitors were actually more friendly than most of the employees. I found myself initiating the smiling "Good Mornings" while walking by any Hotel worker. I also encountered many glitches with my bill along the way. Not to mention the complete shortage of tubes for the lazy river pool! I think Marriott needs to reassess the process for the tubes, as well as a myriad of other things!! Any thoughts on this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paradise Island, Bahamas Autograph Collection Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
  • Re: Atlantis Bahamas...Anyone else experience poor customer service/lack of pool tubes
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I stayed there last November and was glad that I did since I wanted to do so since it opened and thought being a Marriott I would be treated like the elite that I am.  I was not pleased and won't return.  I did get an upgrade but that was because my tower was closed and did not have that great of a room.  They sell cruise people entrance to the water park and I think that is why it is so crowded.  They offered to have a taxi take me to my tower upon check-in.  They charge a service fee but that does not cover bell boys or pool boys, etc.  The food was too expensive too.  No points on money spent.  I can go on and on.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Atlantis Bahamas...Anyone else experience poor customer service/lack of pool tubes
    homoviator Platinum

I've felt like the Marriott and Atlantis still have come together yet.  I'm sort of holding out until I feel like Atlantis really feels like a Marriott.  I feel bad for those who go to Atlantis, pay a lot of $ and don't feel delighted

hassmh Gold

Agreed. I was very excited when I saw it was becoming part of the Marriott family, but with the booking remaining outside Marriott, it doesn't feel like a Marriott, and the reviews from people having tried it sounds very much NOT a Marriott so far. It seems to me that they wanted the Marriott clientele without upholding the Marriott standards.

I visited Atlantis for the dolphin encounter when stopping in Nassau on a cruise a couple years ago; it was nice but seemed very much a money grab everywhere we looked. As long as their business is not negatively impacted, I don't expect the service to be improved, and I will continue to wait until I hear some better things before I consider giving it a try.

victoryvision Gold

I'm glad I read this.  I was considering taking the family here but it seems really difficult to use my points.  Looks like they have other issues too.  I guess I'll wait for things to get better at this destination.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

suz,

Sorry to hear that you experienced a lack in customer service during your stay at the Atlantis. They have their own Customer Care team apart from Marriott's general Customer Care if you'd like to share your experience about issues with your bill and future improvements that can be made by calling them at: 800-466-8068.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...