5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2016 3:42 PM by fistuk RSS

Platinum Guaranteed Bed Type?

minnetraveler Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello! Not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot or not, but I just booked 2 nights at The Hotel Chicago (autograph) over the reservation phone line, and when i checked my online reservation it says, "Sold out/Not guaranteed: 1 King Bed". The reservation is for 2 weeks away. How is this possible? Isn't there a bed type guarantee?

What do I do? The room type the agent selected was "1 Queen or 1 King." Shouldn't I get the King bed as that is in my profile preference and I am a platinum member?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Guaranteed Bed Type?
    peymanagement Platinum

I would give the hotel a call directly if it is important to you. Usually I can change the bed type in the reservation, but it sound like something is preventing you from doing that.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

minnetraveler Platinum

Yeah, when I try to change the room it says the bed type is guaranteed....

1.PNG

Then when I click "Update" it reflects as this:

2.PNG

Realistically, it's just me traveling and I don't really mind the difference between a Queen and a King, but I'm just confused as to what is going on here?

peymanagement Platinum

It is all in what was booked, even though your preference is for a king, the agent may have not done that or one was not available.

minnetraveler Platinum

I see what you mean if i were to have booked a "double room" but I booked a "1 King or 1 Queen" room.

1.PNG

fistuk Platinum

I had this before as well, but eventually there was no problem and I got a king size bed.

I think it's a kind of a system glitch or something...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...