2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2016 12:59 PM by benbuck6 RSS

Redeeming Points if going through 3rd Party (Priceline)?

benbuck6 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Before joining Marriot Rewards I booked and paid for hotels for our Summer Vacation. I used Priceline. I have one night in a Fairfield Inn in Denver. The trip doesn't start til June 30th. Can I use this stay for points? If not, does anyone have experience cancelling Priceline trip and getting refunds...if easy to do, I also have a night in Vegas at the Trump also booked through Priceline that I could cancel and move to a Marriot location.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Denver, Colorado, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
  • Re: Redeeming Points if going through 3rd Party (Priceline)?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi benbuck6.  I cannot shed light on how to cancel bookings made through priceline.com.  Perhaps one of our knowledgeable insiders will chime in and help!   

However, I can shed light on earning points and night credit.  Reservations booked through third party websites, like price line, are not eligible to receive credit.  The terms and conditions have this listed as such:

Rooms booked through third party online retailers, such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com or any other 3rd party online/mobile travel portal (regardless of how the hotel is paid) are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit. Wholesale rates, wholesale packages, Fam-Tastic® rates, travel industry rates and organized tours or package bookings are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit regardless of booking channel. If you are booking through a travel agent or other third party and do not know if your booking will earn Points, please ask your travel agent about the type of booking and type of rate he/she is making for you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Redeeming Points if going through 3rd Party (Priceline)?
      benbuck6 Silver

I was thinking. I booked the room so far in advance that I don't think Im saving anything tbh using Priceline - If I can cancel and get refunded and rebook I would rather go that route, granted Im not losing $$$

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...