4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2016 3:09 PM by benbuck6 RSS

Anaheim - Courtyard Marriot Maingate?

benbuck6 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We will be staying at this hotel July 3rd - July 7th.

How close to the "Maingate" is this from Disneyland?

I just downgraded from a room with Fireworks view/balcony to a normal room just because I thought we would most likely be IN the parks for fireworks, I didn't think a balcony was worth the extra expense - I could be wrong...opinions?

What is the pool like?

Any other info on this location...dining, parking, etc.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Anaheim, California, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Anaheim at Disneyland Resort
  • Re: Anaheim - Courtyard Marriot Maingate?
    peymanagement Platinum

I stayed at the Marriott which is right beside the courtyard. I doubt that you would get much benefit from the view as there is a convention centre and a few hotels between you and the park.

The hotel participate in Anaheim Resort Transit ART which is excellent in my mind once you figure it out. if you want to see the fireworks on days that you are not in the park, I suggest taking the ART over and watching it from Downtown Disney.

I walked from Disneyland to this hotel last July and thought I was going to die. it does not seem to be very far but is a fair hike around California Adventure Park and the convention centre. It was close to 100 that day.

There is lots of non Disney stuff in the area, the Angels, the Ducks, Knots Berry Farm, and lots of other stuff look on the ART website it gives you a good rundown. We did not have a car so don't know about parking. We used the pool once at the Courtyard, it was normal/OK

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

benbuck6 Silver

Thanks, I will check out the ART. We travel yearly to Disney World...this is our first trip West of Texas besides Maui so everything is new. I will definitely check out the ART website. The Angels I think are out of town during this time but would still love to visit the park if they allow it.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

benbuck6, my parents stayed there just last year and liked it, though the ART does cost money and will put restrictions on your scheduling.  They sometimes Ubered back and forth to allow more flexibility. 

The wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim 2.5 years ago, and while it's a very no-frills property, service was nice and it was very convenient.  A walk to the park took about 10 minutes, so it's easy to come and go throughout the day.  We were upgraded to a theme room at the time.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg5.jpg

The only junk thing was the fact that this FFI is probably one of the few that don't serve a complimentary breakfast, or any breakfast at all!  But there's a lot in the area, so it isn't really a deal killer. 

benbuck6 Silver

Disney actually owes me $2,200 and should hit the bank tomorrow. Im going to go ahead and use some of that to buy our 5 day park tix.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...