4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2016 2:22 PM by alammari RSS

I want to apply for the Marriott visa but I can't.

alammari Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I Was offered to apply for a Marriott Signature Visa when I logged in on the on my marriott account, I automatically assumed that since I'm logged in the web recognized me as a person who lives in Bahrain Which leed me to the conclusion that I can apply for the credit card, after reading the benefits I was convinced to give it a try, but that's when I realized I can't apply for it since I don't live in the UK, Canada or the U.S.,  I contacted Marriott and said I cant since I live in Bahrain.

I also can't transfer any miles from the credit cards that I currently have, Citibank Premium Miles and American express, I can however transfer the miles and points I have from these credit cards to any other Loyalty Programs that I have!

I was just talking to another member here reading gold status and thought I should get some opinions on this matter.

any suggestions how I can benefit by transferring credit card or air miles to my Marrioty account?

Any possible way to apply for the Marriott visa?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I want to apply for the Marriott visa but I can't.
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi alammariApologies for not offering a credit card in your area!  Unfortunately, we are not partners with the companies you've mentioned above and therefore we cannot transfer the earnings to your Marriott Rewards account.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

alammari Platinum

Thank you Carat for the answer, i have searched for all the credit card available in my area and am aware ttere are no credit cards where I can benefit of transferring my miles or points to my Marriott account, hopefully that's not for long.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

You got something a little wrong there alammari.  We can't get it here in the UK either, unless there has been a change very recently.  The Marriott Rewards credit card in the UK is hugely inferior to the US cards.  We get nothing like the bonuses etc.  It has been a bone of centention for quite some time over here.

alammari Platinum

I Don't know where I got the idea that it's available in the UK! That's actually disappointin, so it's only available in 2 countries then!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...