2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2010 7:54 PM by taxman415 RSS

Kid Friendly to NYC

beerexecflier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

If you want a great property close to NYC that you can park at or take the bus into the city, the Residence Inn East Rutherford, NJ, is the place to be!

Nice indoor pool, some of the most beautiful and well appointed rooms I have ever stayed in for a RI or even many full service Marriotts, and such easy access to the city make this my primary spot to stay for an easy trip into NYC.

What makes it so easy? Sure you can drive over by taking the tunnel, but there is a bus stop in front of the property that is the last stop on a route into the NYC Port Authority Terminal.  Sure makes it easy to then jump a ride on the subway anywhere in the city.  At a far lower cost than parking a car in the city and far less hassle than waiting thru the lines to get into/out of the tunnel, I love this hotel.

Add on top of it convient shopping and dining within 1/2 mile, easy access during the summer to the fair at the Meadowlands, and only a 20 minute drive in the car to Liberty Park, I am sold on this place.

Finally, today, about 9 months since my last stay at the property, the Sales Coordinator for the hotel sent me an email to thank me for staying there and to remember then for a future visit to the city.  I am glad I can try to help them out!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Kid Friendly to NYC
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Thanks for that great review and the tips.  Rutherford is about 11 miles west of Manhattan and the bus into the Port Authority makes the commute really easy and most of all - cost effective.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Kid Friendly to NYC
    taxman415 Platinum

Thanks for the post... I was looking to take the family to New York this fall and wanted to find the balance of location and kid friendly... Thanks again...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...