6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2016 8:52 AM by iahflyr RSS

Marco Island, FL - Unofficial Marriott Update

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Many of you are aware that Marriott has a fantastic bunch of properties in the Naples/Marco area of Florida, and Marco Island in particular is a great place to use your hard-earned MR points.  Marco has two Marriot properties:  The Marriott Marco Island which is undergoing a $200M renovation and being converted to a JW, and the Crystal Shores MVCI which is expanding from 2 towers to 4 towers.  I have stayed at both properties, and they are both exceptional.  The new JW will be the first and only JW property in the continental US that's beachfront.  Both properties are currently open during renovations.  Here are some recent pics showing the state of the renovations:

2016-03-09 18.20.13.jpg2016-03-09 18.37.55.jpg2016-03-09 18.46.15.jpg2016-03-09 18.47.07.jpg2016-03-09 18.50.11.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marco Island, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa
Marco Island, Florida, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Crystal Shores
  • Re: Marco Island, FL - Unofficial Marriott Update
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

clebert

Thanks for the update and photos.  Have also stayed at both properties and their location, atmosphere, and service has been superb.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thank you for the update, love Marco Island.  Any word on the timeline for the JW to be completed?

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

IAHFLYR, the rebrand is supposed to become official on 1/1/17, but the rooms in the new tower with the convention space aren't scheduled to be completed until July 2017.  Here is the official timeline:

Marco Island JW Marriott Resort Hotel

I will be curious to see how rates and availability are after the completion.  Right now, the resort is almost always full during season and over Christmas and Easter holidays and can command top room rates.  One year I checked rates over Christmas week, and rooms were going for $899 - ouch!  Same is true of Crystal Shores.  These properties also seem to stay plenty busy in the summer when many tourists try to avoid Florida!  I have to admit that I thought the Marco Marriott was really impressive before the remodel started and didn't really feel like it needed a big remodel, but I suppose the location has potential to be even better so the remodel/rebrand makes sense in that context.  We loved Kurrants and hope the new restaurants are good as well....haven't tried any of them yet but have heard good things about Maia.

superchief1 Platinum

clebert,

Thanks for the update. We will be staying at Crystal Shores at the end of October and I decided to spend the extra points for oceanfront. How is the construction impacting the experience?

Here is a picture from the balcony of the fitness center from my last visit.

IMG_0121.JPG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...