5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2016 2:38 PM by j&c RSS

Manhattan Babymoon - Hotel Recommendation?

ssm1984 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I are thinking of doing the "babymoon" in Manhattan.  We essentially need a vacation desperately but with zika and frankly to save on flight costs we're thinking of doing NYC.  We've frequented to NYC a lot so we're not looking to be extremely touristy aka not dying to stay in Times Square.  Just want to stay at a nice hotel and enjoy things in the city leisurely.  We have a good number of points at our disposal for I'd say up to category 9 hotels.  What would you recommend in terms of a wonderful hotel experience within the marriott family?  I used to be gold and just went down to silver so I know perks will be difficult to get, but any recos would be awesome!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
New York City, New York, USA
New York-Manhattan, New York, USA
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, NJ
  • Re: Manhattan Babymoon - Hotel Recommendation?
    j&c Platinum

We love the Lexington (Marriott Autograph Collection - cat. 8)! It is perfectly located, with wonderfully warm staff and top notch amenities. Just completed our 3rd stay there and were just as impressed as before! A picture of "our" room is one of the featured shots at top of Marriott website - look for the red headboard! C

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

ssm1984, if you have enough points, the Essex House is in a great location and would be good for relaxation which, as you know, can be hard to come by in a bustling city like NY.  It's close enough to Times Square that you can walk there but not so close that you're being overrun by tourists at every turn.  Plus, it's classy/expensive enough to weed out some of the rowdy miscreants that think they're on a perpetual spring break.  It's got a lovely CL, nice rooms, a stately lobby, an on-site bar and restaurant, and of course is right across the street from Central Park.  If you really want to go all out, the RC is right nearby but would take a lot of points. 

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

I would second the vote for the Essex, great hotel, great location.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

With no kids, try the Ren 57, that's one of our favorites (again, without kids).... Boutique Hotels NYC | Renaissance Midtown Manhattan Hotel 57 - in addition to everything else (well managed, nice bar), it often has good pricing...

Also, lots of other thoughts here: NYC - Market Pricing | Marriott Rewards® Insiders

j&c Platinum

A bit out of the box but we can now recommend the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe - a quick 18 minute bus ride from Port Authority! The hotel is nothing short of stunning, with an amazing, gracious staff and "huge," newly renovated rooms. Out our window was the Manhattan skyline! C

Location Brand Hotel
    Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, NJ

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...