6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2010 12:17 PM by anadyr RSS

Human Bed Warmers

andymc Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Reuters UK is reporting that the Holiday Inn chain is to introduce a human bed warming service.

(http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE60K4AZ20100121)

"If requested, a willing staff-member at two of the chain's London hotels and one in the northern English city of Manchester will dress in an all-in-one fleece sleeper suit before slipping between the sheets. "The new Holiday Inn bed warmers service is a bit like having a giant hot water bottle in your bed," Holiday Inn spokeswoman Jane Bednall said in an emailed statement to Reuters."

It gets worse...

"Holiday Inn said the warmer would be fully dressed and leave the bed before the guest occupied it. They could not confirm if the warmer would shower first, but said hair would be covered."

Will Marriott be offering the same service?  I truly hope not!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Human Bed Warmers
    pltnmprincess Platinum

Yuck....It gives me the willies just thinking about that.  Why not offer an electric blanket or heating pad?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

andymc Silver

I agree - that article does say "She could not explain why the beds were not being warmed by hot water bottles or electric-blankets, but admitted the human method was quirky."

Quirky...not what I'd call it.  I'm giving Holiday Inn a miss from now on!

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

"Who's been sleeping in my bed?"  Smile

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

"The new Holiday Inn bed warmers service is a bit like having a giant hot water bottle in your bed,"

Not where I come from!

• Re: Allergy-Friendly Guest Rooms (sans Warmers)
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"Not where I come from"

NuHusker - LOL! 

Like Holiday Inn, Marriott is engaged in experimentation.  During our recent stay in Marriott's Custom House in Boston, MVC owners and guests enjoy complimentary access to Marriott's Long Wharf Hotel indoor pool and health club.  While over there, I spoke with FD associates about Concierge Level room size, rate, availability and complimentary upgrades for Elite. No surprises. Long Wharf is Elite-conscious.

One topic took me by surprise, though.  Marriott Long Wharf has already implemented, Allergy-Friendly Guest Rooms.  In addition to the Revive Bedding Package which is a Marriott brand standard, there are 10-12 Allergy Friendly guest rooms which feature special Pillow and Mattress Encasings that are allergen impermeable.  There was no mention of the type of flooring: carpeting readily absorbs anything that is airborne, including many allergens.  So Allergy-Friendly is apt versus Allergy-Free.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Are we sure that this was not an article in the Onion?  too funny and not all that appealing to me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...