1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 7, 2011 7:50 PM by mijoh1 RSS

Reaching Platinum Premier - Official Word

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

With all the discussions, conflicting criteria, and inuendos on how a person is selected as a PP status, I thought the best answer would come from Marriott, so I sent the following e-mail (abridged): How are members deemed qualified and selected as Platinum Premier status?

The reply (abridged): This upgrade is done as a system wide update and only the top three percent receive the Platinum Premier status for one year.  Our corporate offices have informed us that the qualification process is based upon a comparison of Platinum member accounts.  If you qualify for this status, you will be notified by our corporate offices.

I sent a follow-up reply to also ask: Is the top three percent criteria based solely on the number of nights earned (bonus and paid) -AND/OR- does the annual amount of money spent at Marriott by a MR member have any influence in reaching this status?

I will post the reply when received.

01/21 Reply: PP status is rewarded through corporate headquarters and unfortunately, our group does not know the exact qualifications for this status. However, what I do know is that the account is looked at as a whole; this will include amount of nights at Marriott Hotels and the dollar amounts spent at the properties.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Reaching Platinum Premier - Official Word
    mijoh1 Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Whatever the heck it is, I was just informed by Marriott that I made it. Woohoo! Seriously though, if you asked me what it took get lifetime platinum, I could not tell you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)