2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2016 12:21 PM by peymanagement RSS

M club at Short Pump (Richmond) Marriott

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

looking for a place to stay in Richmond, VA and came across the Short Pump Marriott and noticed it has an M club.  So is there a lot of different between a CL and M club and has anybody been to this one with any advice.  Seems like the hotel in general was recently remodeled and a lot of people like it. I'd love to hear what you all have to say.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
richmond
  • Re: M club at Short Pump (Richmond) Marriott
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I stayed here a few years ago, before the latest renovations. Nice property and convenient to plenty of great restaurants. I've only stayed at one location with an M Club so far, and for the most part, there aren't a lot of differences from a typical CL. Non-Gold and Platinum guests can buy a pass to use the M Club, but I doubt many do (not sure of the price). I found the food offerings to be better than many CLs I've visited (though not all).

I'm pretty sure I was Silver when I visited, so I didn't see what the CL was like before the conversion to an M Club. My experience with the staff was excellent. Add to that the recent remodel and I'm sure a stay here would be great.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: M club at Short Pump (Richmond) Marriott
    peymanagement Platinum

Further to what bejacob said,  I've not stayed at that hotel, but I have had M club experience in two places. In both cases I thought the lounge experience was a step up. A couple of observations,

• They seem to have done away with the honour bar. however both were right beside the bar and I just brought my beer in with me from the bar.
    • At  one, there was door checks and they were limiting entry to member and guest. one guy had his whole family with him (Parents and teen kids0 and was turned away.
    • Evening offerings vary as they do from CL to CL but at one, there was the makings of a full meal, and at the other one the offerings were similar to a "Mix" (vegetarian spring rolls)
    • The room was much bigger and not crowded at all.
    • One place for b fast, there was an inner door and we had full access to the hotel buffet which was excellent. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...