8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2016 10:43 AM by AndrewT RSS

Multiple room points

dave4525 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I Recently stayed at a Marriott hotel and for my family booked three rooms for us and separate for the children would I eligible for points on all three rooms ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Multiple room points
    peymanagement Platinum

If you paid for them and your MR number was attached to them you will get the points. However you will only get nights stayed  credits for the one room that you stayed in.

I think that there is a limit of 3 rooms but not sure.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

A Member is eligible to receive Points/Miles for a qualifying stay at participating Marriott brand hotels or Ritz-Carlton hotels for his/her room and up to two additional rooms. At least one of the rooms must be reserved and registered in the Member's name and the Member must pay for all rooms, which payment arrangement must be requested at time of hotel check-in. The Member must also stay in one of the rooms. To ensure Points are automatically posted to the correct Membership Account, the Member's Rewards Program Membership Number must be present on his/her room folio and up to two additional rooms, as applicable.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi dave4525,

This is exactly right. Thanks Tommo781!

Also, any promotions offering bonuses for nights or stays only count the room you occupy each night.  Please note that rooms booked through a third party are not eligible to earn points, airline credit, or Elite nights. 

You can view this information on our website at the following link:

http://marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi"

browncrew Gold 14 Reviews

Yes. I stayed and paid for two other rooms and got the nights and points.

peymanagement Platinum

yep sometimes that happens. I would not advertise.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

We're looking into confirmation around this answer, dave4525!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Sometimes I simply do not understand how points are worked out.  Is it an automatic system, or do the individual hotels have to "input" something each time?  I just don't know.

Because I am only a leisure traveller, I have the luxury of being able to check my points after a stay.  Bear in mind I have an exchange rate to take into account, so will always be slightly out depending on the rate at the time Marriott applied my points.  Unless there is a large discrepancy one way or the other, I don't query anything; I just want to make sure I have got the points, and small errors tend to equal themselves out over a year.  But sometimes it is clear that I have been given points on my bill total less the tax (correct) and sometimes the full total.  When I have had friends with me, I am usually not given elite nights for their room (correct) but on one occasion I was awarded nights for both rooms.  In one hotel, the points I was given was clearly far too many, and I rang the hotel to fess up and ask what had happened.  They couldn't say where the (obvious) error was and just thanked me for my honesty, and said to keep them!

So I am basically saying it doesn't appear to me to be a foolproof system that just kicks in from our Rewards number being registered on the booking.  There appears to me to be human intervention required as well, and if so there will always be anomolies.  At least, that's the way I see it.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

As others have remarked, provided you booked all 3 rooms via your rewards account (or made sure your rewards number was on the booking if reserved via a 3rd party) you should get points for all rooms but the night credit only once. Like others I have received duplicate night credit, but I think once or twice. Like Tommo781 I do check my points, typically en masse twice a year when I'm reconciling my books and use the account as a cross check. The exchange rate does vary somewhat and points on entire cost including taxes were so common I actually thought points were paid on taxes and it was only after I complained about points shorting in about 2010 that I was corrected on that! These days points on entire cost is much rarer but still happens. Points shorting is a periodic problem around the EU and something is wrong over at the LHR Ren as 2 of my last stays there were completely missing and it took multiple chases on the plat line to have them counted and the 3rd one suffered chronic points shorting. Still one of my favourite hotels but really make sure you keep your folio as you'll probably need it!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...