8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2016 10:42 AM by jeffrey223 RSS

Marriott Credit Card

nicholasric Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've had my Marriott Credit Card since November and have spent over $6,000. My plan indicated that I would receive an elite point every time I spend $3,000. However, I have not received my two elite points at all. Has anyone had experience with this situation? If so, how were you able to collect on what was promised?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Credit Card
    amwny Platinum

I had a similar question and  started tracking  charges and the elite nights credited to my  account.

It appears (YMMV) that I am receiving the  bonus night credit about a day or two after my monthly payment is credited to my account.  I am using the  Autopay feature for full payment of amounts owed each month.  I don't know what would happen if I was paying less than the full amount each month..

I  have had my account for many years; I don't know if there is any extra  lag time when a new  account is opened.

Art

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

You will receive 1 elite night credit for every $3,000 spent and that night credit is mainly used to count towards your qualifying night status every year. It's not for a free night's stay. Just had to confirm that in case others reading this may think otherwise.

You didn't specify how long ago did you make the $3,000 or $6,000 spending. Do you remember the last date you spent the first $3,000? Here are the terms:

Please allow 6-8 weeks for Elite nights to be credited to Rewards Program account from the last day of each calendar month You qualify. Purchases do not include balance transfers, any checks that are used to access credit card account, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, overdraft advances, interest charges, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind including fees for products that protect or insure the balance of account.

So let's say you spent $3,000 in 3 months so it would be around February. I think you should be getting it 6-8 weeks after that time period which should bring you to mid April (around now) to end of April. Could be wrong, but I have always waited and do see the elite night added to my total nights.

jeffrey223 Silver

me 2

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great info here!  Thanks for the insight, amwny & gk17!!  nicholasric I'd like to help provide clarity for you.  Would you mind sending me a private message with your Rewards number?  Thanks in advance.

jonsummers Gold

I sure wish they could speed up this posting times and dates!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I receive my elite night credits around the 10th of each month.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Same for my credits.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

same here

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...