17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2010 2:46 AM by drewtipton RSS

Marriott starts become worser and worser

petersuter Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott has a new policy - they do not count your stay on the Marriott Rewards System - so you have about every time to ask fo a Missing Stay request and send them all the information about your stay -----so how many people are not willing to do so much administration work !!! - this is the way of Marriott saving a lot of money by systematicly not count your stay !!

This is what I experienced about how Marriott is treating their "good customers"

• Re: Marriott starts become worser and worser
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Where is the policy posted? Have any Marriott associates told you about the change in policy?  If they have please tell us all so we can make a noise to have it reversed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Marriott has a new policy - they do not count your stay on the Marriott Rewards"

Greetings PeterSuter and welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders.  Thanks for the post.  Could you clarify what happened?  Did you redeem points or did you pay for a hotel stay?  By 'count' do you mean Elite Qualifying Nights?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

petersuter Gold

You know it better ....!!

It is a hidden new policy - the goal is to save money  - nothing else

petersuter Gold

I just booked 8 nights - payd by CC - neither  recognition of the stay nor the revenue - about 3'000 $

This ist just what happend in December - Last stay the same story - stay before the same story ...and so on ...

I am tired scanning and mailing the details to get the recognition - I think I am not the only one   

tjcnewyork Platinum

That is substantial $$, how are you booking?  Online, over the phone?  Are you booking through Marriott Reservations or through Priceline, Expedia etc.?  Are you signed up for email confirmation and efolio? Do you present your MR ID# at check-in? There are occasional gliches for sure, but it sounds that it is happening to you repeatedly.

petersuter Gold

Booked  Online at Marriott

I presented my MR ID# at check-in and let it confirmed at check out that it is in the system

Does not really help ......

I think that is what Marriott wants - just frustrated customers

tjcnewyork Platinum

At Marriott.com, go to the My Account module in the upper right corner.  Click the plus sign (+) and double-check My Marriott Rewards Account-Profile:

• Is your Personal information correct?
    • What E-mail Notifications are set up?
    • Is the Marriott Rewards Earning Preference correct?

petersuter Gold

All correct  - Marriott is just not able doing a good job and has a huge advantage not counting the stay of their customers

I would suggest that somebody from Marriott is get in contact with customer that joined for years Marriott hotels solving this issue ONe to One. I am personally convinced that sucht a recognition programm should be handlet in a honest way.

But I think it is not the intention of Marriott - What they want is just not giving points and recognition automaticly but keeping them and if the customer want the recognition he has to to all the admin work for Marriott

tjcnewyork Platinum

"All correct  - Marriott is just not able doing a good job and has a huge advantage not counting the stay of their customers"

Good.  The point of the exercise was to establish a baseline that confirms your experience is NOT rooted in your Account Profile.  That said, consider reaching out through Customer.Care@Marriott.com  with the subject, 'Repeated Missing Stay Reports'

In the body of the message, give the Confirmation #'s and dates of the stays describing briefly what you posted online; but be specific.  Name the hotels, name names of associates and quote verbatim what you recall.

Formulate your objective; ie what do you want?  Refund, Bonus points, so on.  Finally, state how you prefer to be contacted.  Customer.Care will send back an automated reply with a Tracking Number advising that you will be contacted w/in 3-5 days.

Post back the results, or lack thereof.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

If this is the case too bad. I have not experienced the problem myself and hope that I do not.  So far (fingers crossed) all is well in the account and all stays are posted quickly.

whitesox2005 Silver 1 Reviews

I did notice that for a recent 11 night stay in Sydney, I didn't get the BONUS for the fact that I used my Marriott card, which probably ends up being somewhere around 4K points.

taxman415 Platinum

As freguent Marriott traveler I have not had this experience but only the opposite... They have been quick to post base points and all the extras (i.e. bonus and credit card points and mega pionts and nights)...

tjcnewyork Platinum

"As freguent Marriott traveler I have not had this experience but only the opposite... They have been quick to post base points and all the extras (i.e. bonus and credit card points and mega pionts and nights)..."

With minor exception, my experience matches yours.  At one Courtyard late last year, payment was split across Visa and a Marriott Cheque received as a gift.  For whatever reason the FD associate input the cheque in a way that caused a gliche.  It was corrected a few days later, but the e-folio went to never-never land.

ricoviaje Platinum

I have been a Platinum member for a number of years and only twice was a stay not posted; then it was rectified. I don't understand your dilema.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"I have been a Platinum member for a number of years and only twice was a stay not posted; then it was rectified. I don't understand your dilema."

Ricoviaje

Great first post.  Thank you for being candid on the subject of Marriott keeping your account up-to-date and welcome to Insiders!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

No problem here!

(It's only been over 25 years though)

drewtipton Gold

In my many years of being a Marriott Rewards Member (going all the way back to "Marriott Honored Guest" :) ), I've only had a handful of stays not get counted in my rewards status.  What I have noticed here lately is that several hotels have a habit of not including my check-in bonus (500 points per stay isn't a lot in the overall scheme of things, but it adds up over multiple stays)...  

Thus far, I haven't contacted Marriott to get them added in, except for the single hotel that hadn't given me the points in 7 stays!

Everything else is great... and I've noticed what others have noticed--I get points put into my account very rapidly.  I just finished up a stay on Friday in Europe, and just noticed that the points are in my account today (Saturday night)...  Now, if I could just get the airlines to react that fast! ;)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...