13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2016 4:45 AM by brightlybob RSS

Thankyou Marriott

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just the other day I said on a thread that I was happy with the way Marriott recognised my loyalty.

Also, anyone who "knows" me on Insiders is aware that health issues mean I cannot travel much now and am down to silver.  Well, look at the symbol below my name now.

I have had an email saying:-

We have news you'll love. As part of a select group, we have upgraded you to Gold Elite status for three months. As a Gold Elite member, you'll receive exclusive benefits including:

A 25% bonus on Marriott Rewards® points
Guaranteed lounge access at participating brands
Complimentary room upgrades
Free enhanced Wi-Fi
To enjoy your Gold Elite status longer, stay* six times at a participating Marriott®brand now through 06/30/2016 and you'll maintain your Gold Elite status through February, 2018.

We took it upon ourselves to enroll you in this special program, so there's no need for you to lift a finger to enroll. Simply book now and enjoy your Gold Elite benefits.

There is no way I can maintain Gold after the 3 months is up, and my account activity shows that, so I am really appreciative that Marriott have made this gesture for me.

Thankyou!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Thankyou Marriott
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Nows the time to treat yourself to a weekend or two over at Marriotts! The exec lounges over here remain a very worthwhile benefit as you know from WIQ and weekend room upgrades can be very good, with that free breakfast benefit too.

Leeds, Cardiff, Glasgow and Bristol City Marriotts all are very central with lounges.

Marriott Bristol Royal, Manchester V&A and Durham are all very characteristic and central.

Portsmouth, Swansea and Bournemouth are in great areas for kids.

York and Birmingham are withn walking distance of their respective centres, the York Marriott is on the racecourse, as is Lingfield.

Weekend bargains are easy to find at Peterborough, Preston, Huntingdon, Leicester Newcastle Gosforth and Northampton and there's always something to do within a few miles drive.

Go for it, Tommo781. You know you want to!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks brightlybob We already have WIQ booked within the 3 month period.  Also have a booking for York (where we go at least once a year), but that's after the 3 months expires.

Not sure about Huntingdon, as I never like the look of where it is, even though it isn't too long a journey.  Have you been there?  What is it like?

Much as I'd like to, I don't think we can do more in the time scale, but I'm just grateful for the recognition.

Marriott has several outskirts-of-town properties, Peterborough, Swindon, Huntingdon, Northampton, Cheshunt and Waltham Abbey and all are similar, not walkable to much, standard Marriotts in good condition but not inspiring. Comfortable places to stay. You'll need to drive from the Huntigdon Marriott to get to the local attractions, but there's a couple of nice stately homes and museums and of course Huntingdons most famous attraction, it's racecourse!

fistuk Platinum

I agree with brightlybob here.

It's very convenient to book a spontaneous weekend here in the UK, and weekend bargains are so easy to find.

2 weeks ago I stayed at the Windsor Marriott for only £45/night using the LNF rate!

I do that occasionally thus catching 2 birds in one time: good time & annual night credit.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Hi fistuk.  I didn't realise you were in the UK too.  Perhaps I should have realised by your forum name! 

fistuk Platinum

Hi ,

I am from the UK and my forum name does end with 'uk', but it's just a coincidence

Actually 'fistuk' is the Hebrew name for Pistachio. No special reason why I chose it

Haha, I always read your handle as "Fist UK" - I assumed you were a British cage-fighter!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

With all you loyal Marroitt Brits maybe there should be a insiders reunion across the pond . Nice gesture from Marriott to you Tommo  

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thans jerryl.  A reunion would be good, but I unfortunately am not up to organising it.  As I have said before, I am grateful for the way Marriott reward me for my loyalty, even though I cannot travel as I used to.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Well keep posting Tommo we value what you have to say

seatexan Platinum

I got this offer as well. Thank you Marriott.  I won't be able to make 6 stays in the next 3 months. However, I am close to gold and will get the nights (not by stays) in April.

I wish we had some cool get away places near me like you all.

It will be nice already being gold when I go to New York, even if my stay in mainly at a Courtyard... not much perk there. 

Congrats again Tommo!  I hope you get some fun little stays in

hassmh Gold

Another formerly Silver Insider here who received this offer! I wonder if that's part of the selection criteria....

I also will not make the 6 stays, but will certainly try to make an extra stay just to get some benefit out of the Gold status. Was already trying to talk my wife into going somewhere at the end of April. My only stay in the window now is at a Courtyard so don't expect much from that. Too bad reward stays don't count toward this; I know I can hit up one of the Cat 2s around here for 10k just to give the kids some pool time and free breakfast. But paying even a cheap weekend rate of $80 isn't worth it to me just to secure Gold a little early (more to the point, my wife would think I was crazy for even suggesting it!).

With 24 nights rolled over from last year, 15 from credit card in August, and 13 actual nights stayed or planned so far this year, i was pretty sure of hitting Gold later this year anyway. But most likely will lose it again after next year as I have little chance to hit 50 nights next year. But the option to buy back will be there, that's always something to consider I suppose.

peymanagement Platinum

hassmh Do what ever you can to get gold, once you have it, buy back as long as they let you. In My opinion, gold is everything, plat is nice to have but if you have a chance to get gold go for it and keep it as long as you can. The difference between silver and gold is well worth the buyback points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...