45 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2016 9:21 AM by deannad RSS

Insiders website security drop?

fistuk Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Today, while browsing to this website I encountered this warning message:

Untitled.jpg

Has anyone else encountered the same?

It seems there has been a change in the security setting of this website - maybe one of the moderators here can shed some more light on this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Insiders website security drop?
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Yes, I'm getting the same.  It is saying the security certificate ran out yesterday.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Glad to know the problem is on the other end and not something to do with my computer.

Let's all hope the IT folks resolve it quickly.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I am just bumping this to the top of the list so the Mods may notice it, because it is still unresolved.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Bumping again!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Odd, I'm not getting that notice at all.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

What internet provider do you use brightlybob cos I am in the UK, and getting it permanently today.

hassmh Gold

It's more likely the web browser than the ISP. The problem is that the security certificate for the site expired and therefore most browsers will report this and advise that it's not "secure" anymore. If IT was on top of things the expired certificate would have been replaced prior to it expiring, but perhaps someone forgot. It's taking quite some time to correct, as the certificate expired yesterday at 8:00 PM EDT. The site likely has to go offline briefly to correct, perhaps they are waiting for a less busy time to do so.

peymanagement Platinum

Good point, I am getting it on one computer and not the other.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

IS it a windows thing as I am getting on my pc but not on my Mac

hassmh Gold

No, it just depends on the browser. I get it on Mac using Chrome.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

It depends on the browser and the version.  I'm getting it on IE11 and Chrome.  You're likely using Safari on your Mac.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I'm getting it on Chrome.  The point is the certificate has expired and no-one seems to be responding from Marriott.

nmballoonist Platinum

Had it on my laptop last night, MacBook with Safari.  Today not getting it.

nmballoonist Platinum

I think you nailed it.  I have had other sites go through the same thing for a day or two.

I only use an iPad on Safari to surf and as I say, no problem here.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I'm getting it!

Happened to me also

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Here in the UK this has been the same since before 8am that I know of.  So at least 9 hours plus.

I really think it is time that someone let us know what is going on, as to keep getting an insecure message is quite alarming.

What is going on NathalieF carat and anyone else on the team?  I for one am concerned about the security of connecting to the site.

hassmh Gold

The certificate expired at 8:00 PM EDT, so now at 3:00 PM EDT that's 19 hours. Agree it would be good to get some sort of update that at least it is being looked into.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Well, it is now 7am in the UK, and I am still getting it.  I do wish someone from the team would just post on this thread to let us know what is going on.

DDownload the Safari app and access it via that. No warnings here!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks for the tip, but I can't really be bothered.  It is only Insiders that is a problem.  I guess it will get sorted out sooner or later!

fistuk Platinum

This is very strange... I'm so surprised that the people responsible for this website are actually allowing this shameful error to exist for over 24 hours! This is pure negligence.

I wonder why we do not get any response from any of the moderators here... this doesn't look good and lots of speculations, like financial maintenance problems of this website, are going through my head right now.

seatexan Platinum

Yeah I am surprised as well! I don't think the booking site would ever have this issue.  It is the weekend now, so it might have to wait until Monday.  It does work "ok" with a few little glitchy things.  I am sure they will sort it soon

Well it came up on my pc  again today and on a friend of mine's pc also  but not on Mac which I use safari. But why isn't   one of the community managers at least saying they are looking at it

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Same with me. For a day or two. Just happened again. If you ignore the warning, half the time it diverts you to some non-secure site with all the headings but in the wrong format.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Another day!  It is now 7am UK time, and it is still not fixed, and nothing from the community managers.

What is going on please???????

fistuk Platinum

chill out,

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yeah really, not a peep from any of our Mods like carat, AndrewT, lindseyh, KatieC or nathalie.....sadly.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

That's the point isn't it IAHFLYR  I have even mentioned them in my post, but still nothing from them.  Just a word or two telling us what is going on would be nice.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Three days now, and it is still not fixed!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Insiders, We are aware of the security certificate issues, and our IT team is working to resolve this. It's a high priority and we appreciate your patience - there are no immediate security threats and we will keep the community alert of any changes.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

We have a saying in the UK.  "You wait ages for a bus, then three come at once."  That's what happened on this thread, but 2 of the identical responses have been removed now.

That's an old glitch in the system. Hit reply and nothing happen, so hit it again. Boom! Duplicate posts. Then go back and delete the duplicates. It's happened to me on more than one occasion. Nothing new or surprising here.

On the plus side, we finally have the acknowledgement that the issue is being addressed. No surprise it took until the weekend was over to hear anything. Yes, it was an issue. Yes, it would have been nice to hear something sooner. Yes, it was annoying. In the grand scheme of things, not much to worry over. I'll rejoice along with everyone else when it's fixed.

hassmh Gold

I think it's finally fixed! I'm not getting the big red X in the corner that I was, and the layout isn't all messed up. I think my browser is set up to err maybe a bit too much on the safe side, so many things were not working for me while the issue was occurring. It worked OK as a guest, but not signed in. Better safe than sorry, though! Glad it's back to normal!

Edit: Maybe I jumped the gun; it was working OK until I posted, then went back to being all crazy. Hopefully will get finally sorted soon.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I was about to reply saying no it aint fixed, I still got it, when you edited you post!

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

Yeah, the layout isn't as bad, but it's still showing as insecure.

It appears that all is fixed now. Anyone still having trouble?

mine just worked also

hassmh Gold

I'm still getting a red X in the location bar, but everything seems to work fine now otherwise. The red X details indicates some obsolete cipher is being used, probably just something cached in my browser, will try to clear everything later this evening or tomorrow; I have too many active tabs going right now to take any drastic action at the moment.

Edit: I'm also getting an error when trying to post, despite it going through successfully. Again, could be a browser issue which I'll try to clear and retry sometime soon.

Re-Edit: Looking good all around this morning, finally!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

It is half past dark here in the UK, and todays early morning report is - HOORAY! It is fixed.

fistuk Platinum

What a relief 

And I was worried this website is going for bankruptcy... 

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Good morning Insiders!

We are happy to report that the new security certificate was installed last night and the site should be back to functioning properly again. Thank you for your patience!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...