2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2016 1:08 PM by jonsummers RSS

Honeymoon suggestions for Cancun

jonsummers Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone have experience with Marriott locations in Cancun?  I am planning a honeymoon in April and would love to get tips and ideas for the area and location.  I was trying to research food budget while I am there and wondering if hotels have food or would it be better to venture out each night to get some local tastes?  Is it best to rent a car or take taxi?  Is there dancing and nightlife near the hotel or best to venture downtown?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico Marriott Hotels & Resorts CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort
Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico JW Marriott JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
Cancun, Mexico
  • Re: Honeymoon suggestions for Cancun
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Congratulations first off on your pending wedding and honeymoon.

TAXI....TAXI....TAXI or hotel shuttle from the airport.  Otherwise TAXI...TAXI...TAXI, but make sure before you get into the taxi that you establish the rate and whether you need Pesos or U.S.D. as some will take U.S.D. while others won't.

There are some LOUD Disco's along Boulevard Kukulcan that are a short taxi ride from either the Best Hotels in Cancun, Mexico | CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort or Best Resorts in Cancun, Mexico | JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa which are next door to each other and there is a hallway connecting them I do believe.  These are the only two Marriott spots I've stayed at in Cancun and both are very nice resorts with the JW being a slightly more elegant and they do have an adult only pool on the CasaMagna side of the property along with a pool bar there as well.  Here is the adult pool.

109081-R1-16.jpg

Both are located in the Zona Hotelera as well as the Hotels in Cancun Mexico – Luxury Cancun Hotels | The Ritz-Carlton which is slightly further from the airport than the other two and of course brings elegance to an even higher level.

Venturing out to have locals food is always great however; in a resort such as Cancun you won't find many "local" food joints without getting into downtown and it has been quite some time since I've been in downtown Cancun. Most of the restaurants in the Zona Hotelera will offer a good meal just not very much real Mexican fare.  The CasaMagna has a Sushi and Japanese Restaurant within the hotel which was very good and the JW if I remember correctly did also have a Sushi Bar in the hotel if you are into that type of food.  We had a couple of very nice meals at a place you can walk to from the CasaMagna and JW in less than 10 minute walk called Laguna Grill and sits right on the bay.

109081-R1-7.jpgS3600029.JPG

Another spot we loved which was fabulous called Lorenzillo´s Cancún | Restaurante de Mariscos con langosta viva todo el año.  These places are fairly pricey and use caution if you're an AMEX person many spots do not accept it.

There are plenty of threads on Insiders with outstanding tips from others experiences so enjoy.

Re: Cancun, where to stay? JW v. CasaMagna v. Ritz

Re: Cancun: JW, Casa Magna or Ritz with points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Honeymoon suggestions for Cancun
      jonsummers Gold

Amazing write up!  Such great information.  I hope to check out those places to eat and glad to hear you liked both of those places.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...