2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2016 11:00 AM by deannad RSS

Modifying reservation question

jtpc Gold
Currently Being Moderated

If you have a confirmed reservation, can you make the reservation shorter but keep the rate you've already been confirmed at?

As an example, I have 1 reservation for a Monday-Friday. Monday night is now a lot cheaper than when I booked it, but Tuesday-Friday have gone way up. I've made a separate confirmation for the cheaper Monday, but still have the original Monday-Friday intact. I'm hesitant to modify the original Monday-Friday to Tuesday-Friday, in case it becomes a Tuesday-Friday confirmation at the increased rates. I know I'll have to modify/cancel something at some point, but just wondered what advice people had.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Modifying reservation question
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

During the modification process you'll can see what the changes are prior to submitting the change to the reservation.

In your reservation:

• Go into "Edit" in your room type
    • Make the change you desire the select "Update"
    • A new window will appear with the changes you desire in "Red" to include the total cost of the reservation
    • Either select "Submit" or "Cancel" and you're on your way.

Whether you are able to keep the lower rate is something you'll have to check during the process.

"Good luck, we're all counting on you" jtpc!!!!    Great movie line.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Modifying reservation question
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Looks like IAHFLYR swooped in with another helpful answer!

Thank you

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...