5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2016 5:59 PM by painedplatinum RSS

New Philadelphia Renaissance... The Franklin Hotel

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

A marathon day found me in Philadelphia at 6:00AM... then on to New York City at 3:00PM via Amtrak...and back to Philly at 11:00PM. It seemed to make sense to just stay in town versus driving home for five hours. The new Renaissance, The Franklin Hotel, was in for a short test drive.

I just checked in and so far so good. I'll let you know about the restaurant after breakfast.

image.jpeg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA Renaissance Hotels
  • Re: New Philadelphia Renaissance... The Franklin Hotel
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Boy that's some schedule... But, I'm looking forward to hearing more about your experience painedplatinum

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Great to hear there is now something in town besides the Marriott, Courtyard and Residence Inn.  Was needing a change.

hassmh Gold

Would be great to get a review of it, though the site says it will undergo "revitalization" later this year so not sure how much it will change.  It's a great location in the historic district, great for touring that area of the city, would be great place to stay after a night in the city instead of driving home. The location may be a bit close to Jeweler's Row for my comfort, though, would have to ensure my wife didn't see a map if we spent the night there, or it might get very expensive!

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Stayed for a weekend in December. They offer valet parking or you can park in a city lot around the corner.  The room was a decent size although the bathroom was tiny.  I was given vouchers for continental breakfast, which wasn't a big breakfast by any means.  However, the weekend rate was a great deal as was the location.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Okay.....  The hotel is an old classic gem. I really enjoy the vintage hotels. That being said, it will need some updating. The staff was great...everyone that I met was super positive and appeared happy to be working there. That's always nice to see.

I received a king room on the 7th floor..no view, but a nice large room. The bathroom was also very spacious.

Breakfast hours were 6:30-9:00.  A bit late and a bit short. I needed to leave the hotel by 6:15. The restaurant staff allowed me to grab a coffee and offered to get me anything off the buffet or the menu. I appreciated that, but the coffee was all I needed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...