10 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2016 1:57 PM by kharada46 RSS

can you earn points if you shop shopmarriott

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I think it would be cool if you could get 10 pts for ever dollar you spent on their shopmarriott website, plus bonus percentage depending on your status and also 5x the points if you use the credit card.  If that were the case, I'd seriously consider decorating my house Marriott style--especially the bed.  So I noticed at a glance you can use your Marriott points, but what I want to do is buy things and get points. Maybe that's not what Marriott wants.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: can you earn points if you shop shopmarriott
    muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I've ordered flowers through the Marriott Shop My Ways website.  It might have been just bad luck for me, but I had to go after them to get the points.  It also took months to post to my rewards account.  After that, I didn't really bother using the shopping site.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

muppetwrangler I ordered from ebags Tuesday, via ShopMyWay.  The shipment will arrive Monday.  I don't see anything at all posted, not even that I ordered something on the ShopMyWay site when I check my account.

Who did you call to resolve your issues?  If it takes months to post, or I have to keep chasing points, I won't be using it much!

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

SeaTexan, from the T&C for ShopMyWay: "Awards shall be posted to the Marriott Rewards members account no sooner than 45 days and no later than 60 days from the date of shipment."  Mine weren't posted 6 months after I ordered.  I got in touch with customer service who said they would look into it.  If I recall correctly (it's been a while), it then took another few weeks for the points to post.

hassmh Gold

I bought a Christmas gift in mid/late December through ShopMyWay and promptly forgot about it, so was a nice surprise when the points finally posted in March. If you're looking for a fast way to add points, the ShopMyWay site is not a good choice. I use the United shopping portal frequently and never have a problem, miles post within a week usually, and value is usually better than ShopMyWay. Not sure why ShopMyWay is so much worse.

This came up in another thread, kharada46 confirmed that he uses it and has the same problem with points taking a long time to post so I guess it's just the way it is. If you can live with the delay, it might be an OK way to get some additional points. I'll continue to check it when the United portal doesn't have a great value or doesn't have the store I want, as it's better to get something than nothing!

seatexan Platinum

I can understand 4 weeks, but 3 months... ouch!  I would forget too.  I am just trying to add more point wiggle room for a big European trip next year.  I'll be over there by the time the points post using shop my way!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Yup hassmh, they take forever to post!  But, if the value is there, I don't mind at all.  Just ordered a new TravelPro Crew 10 20" rollerboard from eBags at 15 MR points/$.  So that's 2,175 MR points, and with my Amex $15 eBags credit (promo) I only spent $130 on something I was going to buy anyway.  Course I could have earned more points by charging it to my Freedom Unlimited (Sapphire Preferred required to transfer points) and earned a total of 2,392 points, but the savings were more valuable to me

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

This is a great question! Points are not earned on Shop Marriott purchases.  However, you can earn points for purchases at ShopMyWay Mall:  https://marriott.rewards.com/

seatexan Platinum

Oh wow!!! I wish I had read that! I don't think I will be shopping "my" way again! LOL  Thank you for the info.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

SeaTexan, remember, the easiest and quickest way to bulk up your Marriott Rewards points (besides staying) is using a mix of credit cards from Chase and transferring them Ultimate Rewards Points 1:1 to Marriott Rewards

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...