11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2016 11:38 PM by muppetwrangler RSS

Ottawa Delta or Marriott?

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Will be traveling to Ottawa later this year.  Any recommendations for one hotel over the other?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • Re: Ottawa Delta or Marriott?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

muppetwrangler,

Spent quite a bit of time in Ottawa, and it's a favorite town of mine.  Great dining, easy and safe walks, and a "Classy Environment"! 

Never stayed at Delta, but it is ranked #14 on Trip Advisor of all the hotels in Ottawa.

The Marriott was always pleasant and is ranked #12.

My favorite, was either The CY (#21), or The RI (#29), Downtown.  Since my business was always close to these two hotels, it was always a pleasure staying there.  One thing to keep in mind is "The Weather", and where you have to go, if you are there on business.  Lastly, price is another issue.

Good luck, you have some wonderful choices!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

jerrycoin Would Ottawa be a good place to visit when we go to Montreal and Quebec City?

peymanagement Platinum

Yes for sure, it is a great place to visit.

razorbackfan,

Yes, it is a nice drive thru the woods to get to Montreal from Ottawa!

If you have the time, you can drive thru Toronto, to Ottawa, to Montreal.  Then leave Canada, and drive thru Vermont, or New Hampshire.  It's a lovely trip!

A scenic drive from Toronto is, 400N, 11N and 60E at Huntsville, through Algonquin Park to Ottawa.  Northern Ontario is beautiful. 

Thanks, jerrycoin!  I've been to Ottawa before and have stayed at the RI.  Since attaining platinum status, I'd like to stay at a full service hotel, hence the question about the Marriott and Delta.  The trip will be in December to attend a performance at The National Arts Centre, and I know those hotels are close by.

peymanagement Platinum

I have probably stayed in Ottawa over 200 nights. I would stay at the Delta, My favorite in Ottawa is the Albert at Bay which is not part of the system. Last few times I stayed at RI and it was very good. I find the main Marriott a bit past its best before date. I also stayed at courtyard east which is excellent for a courtyard, but you need a car.

Thanks, peymanagement.  We will have a car, but want to stay walking distance to the Arts Centre.  Maybe will try the Delta, then.

peymanagement,

You are "Right on"!

The thing I like about the CY is the places to dine and shop nearby.  Enjoy walking to "The Keg", and "The Social"!  There are many places to enjoy the "Farmers Market" located in the area as well!

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

Hi muppetwrangler. I think your best bet is the Delta. Although we have not been guests there since the refurbishment, if it is anything like the wonderful job they have done at the Toronto Delta you will definitely enjoy it.  The full service Marriott is just a block away but it is in need of a lot of TLC these days.  You are a number of blocks from the NAC but if the weather is agreeable the walk up Sparks Street Mall, especially during the holiday season is very special. There are a number of wonderful restaurants in the area to appeal to all tastes and budgets.  I am a hop and a skip away from downtown so any help I can give just ask. What are you going to see at the NAC?

Thanks, Guidedog613!  I think it'll definitely be the Delta for my December trip.  I've stayed at the RI before, and that was nice, too.  We would walk up and down Sparks, and it was indeed all decorated and festive.  Other than the close proximity to the NAC, Parliament Hill was nice for strolling in the evening.  I grew up in Canada, so the cold doesn't hold me back.   We are going to see The Nutcracker.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...