21 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2016 7:36 PM by jerryl RSS

Platinum arrival gift

pilam76 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What is the platinum arrival gift? Do you have to ask for that or do they automatically give it to you?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum arrival gift
    muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

The gift is points and/or a food amenity.  The number of points differs as to the hotel brand.  You shouldn't have to ask for it, it should be offered when you check-in. 

Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift is available at all participating Marriott hotel brands. See below for Platinum Arrival Gift options by brand:

BrandGift
    JW Marriott, Autograph
    Collection, Renaissance Hotels,
    Marriott Hotels, Gaylord Hotels, and Delta Hotels (limited participation)
    500 bonus points or Food & Beverage amenity (outside the U.S. &Canada) or $10 Food & Beverage credit (U.S. & Canada only)
    AC Hotels, Courtyard (U.S. & Canada)400 bonus points and a Food & Beverage amenity
    SpringHill Suites, Residence
    Inn
    200 bonus points or Food & Beverage amenity
    AC Hotels, Courtyard and Protea Hotels®250 bonus points or Food & Beverage amenity
    Fairfield Inn & Suites,
    TownePlace Suites, Moxy Hotels
    200 bonus points or Food & Beverage amenity
    Marriott Vacation Club500 bonus points
    EDITION500 bonus points or 250 air miles

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

usually now it is either 500 point or $10 off in the restaurant for FS Marriott . Courtyard you get something out of the store or  I think 300 points . I have not ben given anything better in the US. I do think I is still more generous in Europe

At the Courtyards I've stayed in, I've always received 400 points plus could choose either an item from the Market or a large Starbucks coffee from the Bistro.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

You should be offered the choice when you check in. On occasion, I've had to ask.

Yes, sometimes you have to ask.  I've also had it offered, but the bonus didn't post with the stay.  A quick e-mail always got results.

One pointer if you are in a full service marriott over a weekend and dont intend to have breakfast you can get an additionsl 750 points

pilam76 Platinum

Thanks! Good to know !

peymanagement Platinum

arrival gift.JPG

In Europe it is something nice like this, in North America it is usually a 10 dollar voucher, or a market item, (bag chips)

homoviator Platinum

this weekend they asked what I wanted and I said points. They didn't credit my account thought. After a call and a few minutes on hold it all got sorted out.

AS far as the breakfast goes, see what you might be giving up before you accept Points. This morning two of us had a breakfast that easily exceeded 750 pnts in my opinion.

agree with you but there are times that I leave early so can get the extra points . They never tell you that you have to ask

homoviator Platinum

good point. especially with early flights.  I'm filing that pro tip in the back of my mind.

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

It depends on the property but most times it is a choice of points or something from the Market at a Courtyard.  I normally just take the points as they would benefit me the most and all my food/beverage expense is covered by the company I work for.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

If you go to the gorgeous splendid and wonderful  Tuscany Resort and Luxury Hotels | Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa you can end up with this treat  along with a bottle of Italian Wine for your Platinum arrival gift!

P1020703.JPG

last time I stayed at the CE Marriott in Paris the arrival basket included cheese, crackers and fruit and took us two days to eat it all

peymanagement Platinum

Yes it is so great, because after a long flight, sometimes a glass of wine and some fruit and cheese is exactly what you need and don't really want to go to the restaurant or go out.

I actually have a collection of the 10$ vouchers from trips that I just could not work it in or forgot about it.

homoviator Platinum

cool, I didn't know you could save the vouchers.  I need to be more diligent about that. Very useful to know.

peymanagement Platinum

Lol I save them but they are wallpaper. useless reminders that I should have taken the points.

yes forgot to say it included a half bottle of wine which as you said was nice after flying all night

homoviator Platinum

I've had that place on my radar as well.  Not going to happen for a few years, but I'm still excited. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...