5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2017 1:20 PM by farmer234 RSS

Rewards Stay at Atlantis? Tips and Advice Needed!

bbjoyce Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My family and I will be traveling to the Atlantis Bahamas this November for a rewards stay (I'm a Platinum Elite Rewards member). We are going to see the Kentucky vs. Arizona State basketball game being held at the Atlantis while there (and are getting ready to purchase tickets) and have booked our rooms in the Royal Towers.

If others have stayed on a rewards stay, what are the tips and tricks you learned along the way? I know we're not going to receive complimentary breakfast (I believe that's only offered in the Cove), but are there other benefits provided for Platinum members in Royal Towers? Experiences worth the cost that we shouldn't miss at the Atlantis? Did anyone use their round-trip airport shuttle service being offered for $33 per person?

All advice is welcome! Thanks Rewards friends!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Nassau, Bahamas
  • Re: Rewards Stay at Atlantis? Tips and Advice Needed!
    travelingmama2 Silver

We took a cab from the airport and it was $45 (no credit cards accepted FYI). There was NO free anything anywhere except a nice Burlap bag that said "The Cove" in our room. We ate breakfast at Starbucks most mornings. We really enjoyed swimming with the Sea Lions - and you can pay $17 for someone else to come back and watch (and they can take photos so you don't have to pay $80 for 4 photos). There's an adult only pool called Cain which is very nice.

Life jackets for kids/adults are free - inner tubes also free but hard to come by - people keep them even when not using because hard to find!

Have fun!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

paigek Gold

I am also looking into Atlantis...was the Cove 45000 or 55000 points?  There were some posts about the cove being 55000 but it was listed as a category 9.

Thanks!

dns5010 Gold

I have a rewards stay at Atlantis coming up in April.  I was wondering if you could share any tips or info from your trip?

Thanks,

Dan

jonsummers Gold

BEWARE OF EVIL RESORT FEES!!!!

farmer234 Silver

Hi jonsummers.  Can you give me an idea?  I have booked 6 days over our April vaca, two teenagers, who are considered adults.  Even though it is a rewards stay, I am anticipating about $1000 in resort charges.  Do you think that is a good estimate??

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...