1 2 3 14 Previous Next 197 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2017 9:22 AM by hendrixnk75 RSS

Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Status Challenges have been a very popular topic on the forum and have generated many threads.  Here is everything you need to know:

What is a Status Challenge?

A Status Challenge is a great way to earn the next level status by completing a given amount of stays during a given time period, usually around 3 months.  Members are only eligible to complete a challenge for the next level status.  Here is the breakdown:

Basic: Silver – Complete 3 paid stays

Silver: Gold – Complete 6 paid stays

Gold: Platinum – Complete 9 paid stays

Platinum: You’ve reached the top of the line and you are not eligible to participate in a challenge.

*Stays are not the same as nights.  A “stay” includes all nights under one reservation number.  Challenges are not given based off of nights. 

Am I eligible?

Members are eligible to complete one status challenge per 12 months.  This will include all status furthering promotions, including “Taste of” and “Road To”.

If you have participated in a challenge within the last 12 months but did not complete it, you will not be eligible to complete another challenge until the 12 month period has passed.

Will I enjoy the benefits while I complete the challenge?

Members who are participating in a challenge will be able to bask in the benefits of the next level status upon completion of the challenge.  Once the final stay of your challenge has posted to your account, you will be automatically upgraded.

How can I track my challenge?

Unfortunately, these challenges will not show up on your Promotions tab within your online account. You will need to manually track your progress.  If at any time you are curious about where you stand, you can call the Rewards Customer Service line at 1-800-321-7396 or you can ask one of your lovely Community Managers.

How do I enroll?

The fastest and most efficient way to enroll is to call the Rewards Customer Service line at 1-800-321-7396.  They will be able to give your eligibility details as well as enroll you, right then and there. We can also help, feel free to reach out to the Community Managers, lindseyh, deannad, carat or AndrewT for more information.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?
    cinderrules Gold

Thank you, I called & signed up. My stay today counts, but unfortunately my stay that we just checked out from today doesn't count. I thought it might count because we were there today also, but didn't count. Hopefully I will still make the 9 stays.

THanks for your quick answer. I've been a Marriott member for a long time & this is the first I've ever heard of these type challenges.

Kind regards,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?
    tfsontheroad Platinum

I would like to sign up for the Platinum Challenge. I have stayed 40 nights in the past 3 1/2 months, so this shouldn't be a problem.  Can you help me?

• 3. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

Sure can, tfsontheroad.

• 4. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?
    DeLo Gold

I just signed up.  Should get get 8 stays this month...have to travel to El paso and back .  

• 5. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?
    ryans7319 Member

AM interested in doing a challenge, had done a plat several years ago. Can you Dm me details and I can provide my Marriott number. Am a Hilton diamond

• 6. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?
    c.chui Member

I would like to sign up for the Platinum Challenge. Can you help me?  I stay over 150 nights hotel last year.

• 7. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi c.chui,

Please send me a private message with your Rewards number and I'll have our team check your account for eligibility of enrollment in a status challenge. Thank you!

• 8. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?
    mrjohnmai Silver

Hi,

I have 32 nights for the year so far, and I'm a silver status. I'd like to do a challenge to jump up to Gold. Can somebody contact me? I've read that if you call in, it might take 20 minutes to reach somebody.

• 9. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?
    rizbano Gold

Hi Carat,

I would like to sign up for the challenge to get platinum.

I just stayed 4 nights last week, I'm staying mon to thurs every week for next few months.

How should I sign up?Thanks you.

• 10. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

Hi rizbano!  I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message to start the enrollment conversation. 

• 11. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

Hi mrjohnmai. I can definitely help. I've sent you a direct message to start the enrollment conversation. I'll

• 12. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?
    cooper216 Gold

Hi Carat,

I am currently in gold member and would like to sign up for challenge of platinum.

could you help me for that?

thank you!

• 13. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

Sure can, cooper216!  I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message to start the process. 

• 14. Re: Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?
    zwr89128 Gold

Hi Carat

I am currently in gold member and would like to sign up for the plat challenge.

Could you give me some instruction of that?

Thank you

1 2 3 14 Previous Next