13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2016 12:41 PM by pluto77 RSS

Transportation from CDG to Renaissance Vendom

bocagrlz Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We will be traveling to Paris in late April and wondered if anyone could give us advice on transportation from CDG to the Vendom.  We are two middle aged women and will have three fairly large suitcases and are trying to avoid a taxi.  Any information would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Transportation from CDG to Renaissance Vendom
    jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

You have a few options, the cheapest is LeCar essentially a BUS. It has very frequent service and you can book on-line print your ticket and your set. Do it even before you depart then your all set when you arrive. Lots of signage at CDG for pick-up points.

Second choice is UBER, I'm a big fan of UBER. You have options at CDG to use UBER-X which will be a bit more than LeCar but if your "two" you might it just as cheap.

Third choice is taxi...expensive!!! and the meter's running even in high traffic.

There is another choice, it's a private car, but a bit pricey...OK if you can claim the cost LOL!!!

CDG Shuttle Bus - Les cars Air France

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

bocagrlz,

The least expensive way to get to The Ren. is RER/Metro from CDG.  However, there are two problems that would rule this out if it was me.  One is your luggage, it is not going to be easy getting luggage for you two on the RER/Metro.  Secondly, you have to be "Security Aware", and two ladies with luggage are frequent targets for criminals.  Especially, around train stations after a long flight.

My suggestion is to contact the Concierge at the Ren. and arrange to have a private car meet you at the luggage area at CDG.  It will cost the same as a taxi, but you will not have to wait in line as you would for a taxi.  Likewise, you will have a direct ride to the hotel, and certainly have "Peace of Mind".  The exact cost will given to you by the Concierge, and most likely you can charge the car to your hotel bill.

Good luck, and if you need the email address of the hotel, let us know.  Likewise, the "Hot line", has provided me with a "Three Way" call to the hotel in the past.  After introducing myself to the hotel staff, they arranged for my transportation, plus, I had a friend upon arrival.

Good luck!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Greetings ladies, and congratulations on your upcoming trip.  April is a great time to visit Paris.  I've done this CDG to multiple Marriotts many times and in many ways.  A couple of things...

The Le Cars Air France Bus only stops at two places.  Port Maillot and Charles de Gaulle Etoile, neither of which are anywhere close to where you need to be (Ren Vendome.)  At Charles de Gaulle Etoile (l'arc de triomphe), you will have to schlep luggage down stairs to the underground to catch metro line 1 (yellow towards Vincennes) and schlep up again at Tuileries station.  You'll also have to purchase metro tickets.  Then from Tuileries, assuming you have done your homework and have printed google maps directions to walk from Tuileries metro stop to the hotel, you'll have to schlep your luggage to the hotel, but good news, only a 2 min walk (okay, more with luggage, at least it will seem longer ).  You can certainly do it, especially if you're fit, and Charles de Gaulle Etoile metro station is handicapped equipped, but good luck finding the elevators (the station is large and has numerous entrances (entree)/exits (sortie)), I don't think Tuileries station has elevators or escalators.

Second option is the RER blue line, cheapest for sure.  You'll take it to Chatelet, then transfer to the yellow metro line 1 towards La Defense, exiting at Tuileries.  Good news, there are escalators, bad news, Chatelet is HUGE, the size of an underground city.

Both options above are doable, if you are adventurous and hardy (I've done it in my late 40's, early 50's).

If you don't want the hassle, a taxi will cost you 60-70€, which split in half, would be not much more than the Air France bus, if memory serves correctly.  I have also gone online to Super Shuttle and reserved a private driver for about the same price as a taxi (they stand at the baggage claim exit holding a placard with your name).  Make sure you have an address for them.  Or as jerrycoin, mentions, if you go through the hotel concierge (email in advance), they can arrange it for you at about the same price.

Anymore, unless I was trying to squeeze in the cost of an extra vacation into my annual budget for a just a song, I'd just spend for the taxi/hired car.

Here's a link to the Paris metro/regional train system.  Some may suggest buying a 3 or 5 day pass.  It depends on how much you like to walk.  We usually buy the carnet of 10 tickets.  It's given us the most value (when we've analyzed our usage against the cost of the pass vs. the carnet, we generally seem to come out ahead just purchasing the carnet of 10 tickets at a time.)  Last year, there were a couple of days when the entire metro system was free to everyone, due to air quality issues (trying to promote less automobile usage on bad air days).

Plan Interactif des transports en Ile-de-France

ratp.fr - Visiting Paris

For passes, Versailles is zone 4, Paris Disney is zone 5, so is CDG airport.  Otherwise all you need is zone 1-3, but again, we just do the carnet of 10 and buy a separate ticket to Versailles and/or from CDG.  Cheaper.

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Good pointers pluto77, dummy me your right LeCar is restrictive, it worked for me the one time I used to the Port Maillot stop. Since then it's mostly Uber. Taxi can be costly if you get stuck in traffic and the ever present protests that like to block the roads. With luggage you dont want to dragging that around the Metro if you can help it.

bocagrlz,

You are getting some very good suggestions, and they will save you time and money!  Let me share a few things with you about The Ren. Vendome:

This place is on a One-Way street and not easy to find.  I have had taxi drivers not know where it is.  That's why you may want to make sure you have a direct ride from CDG.   Likewise, when you get there, make sure you mark the location on your tourist map, and get a card for the hotel with address and phone number.

Likewise, there are many wonderful places you can walk to, which will help you re-coup the cost of your transportation:

The Louvre

Notre Dame Cathedral

Rue St. Germain

Seine River Walk

Tourist Open Air Bus, a lot of fun, and great value.

Rue St. Honoree, for "Window Shopping!

Rue de Rivoli Gift Shops, good values!

Dining:

You have a wonderful McDonalds down the street, and it is rather gourmet and inexpensive.

Cafe de la Paix, up the street and across from The Opera.  Fantastic place to relax, dine, and people watch.

Hotel  Maurice, high end, great for one nice meal!

La Tour d'Argent, one of the finest places to dine in the World, and fantastic view of The Seine and Notre Dame!

Rue St. Germaine, many, many great sidewalk cafes!

Hemingway's Lounge at The Ritz.  A great place for a least one refreshment.  Memorable!

IMG_4002.JPG

BTW, sit in the back of this, and you will enjoy your Parisian experience a lot more!

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Great stuff Jerry, and they can walk to Musée d'Orsay and Musée l'Orangerie too!  And also Opéra.  The Renaissance Vendome is superbly located.

l'Orangerie has a guided tour in English on Thursday afternoons.  It's fantastic.

pluto77,

So well put!

I forgot this place, it is very special, you have been there, and it is unique:

IMG_3984.JPG

IMG_3986.JPG

St. Chapelle, in front of Notre Dame Cathedral is a wonderful place to visit!  You can walk there from the hotel!

TThank you for the great suggestions.  Looks like a taxi is probably our best option after all!

Has anyone taken the 'Super Shuttle' at CDG to the downtown Paris hotels?  I realize that it is a shared van, however the price is better than a taxi.  Does anyone know if they have a sign to meet passengers at the arrivals hall?  We won't have a cell phone to call a shuttle or UBER.  Thanks for any information you can provide!

Yes, last year we used Super Shuttle.  It wasn't the shared van, it was a black car.  It was about 70€, same as a taxi.  The driver was nice, on time, waiting for us with a sign with our name at baggage claim.  Knew the lay of the land, but spoke little english, which presented an opportunity to use "mon français."  In the arrival halls, there are information desks manned with people who speak english.  They can tell you anything you need to know.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...