40 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2016 4:47 PM by iahflyr RSS

A CONTEST - AMATEUR ARTISTS INVITED

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I AM OFFERING IMMORTALITY to the individual who's tee shirt design and copy is chosen for the September, 2016 Insider's Houston Get Together.

Can you imagine the how proud your current or future grandchildren will be knowing it was your design creation on the inaugural Insider's Meeting?

The shirts, donated by that wonderful statesman and immature old man, will be delivered and ready for distribution upon arrival at the JW in Houston.

At this time a committee should be formed to judge the designs that are submitted, choose the winner and supply the artwork to me for production.

(although I am expecting to be chastised by bejacob  IAHFLYR and brightlybob for this unilateral action/request - I am ready to suffer the consequences. )

The contest is now in your hands.

Sincerely,

Misterchk's tee shirt factory

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: A CONTEST - AMATEUR ARTISTS INVITED
    seatexan Platinum

How many entries per person?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

SeaTexan

I would like the (yet to be determined) committee to create and publish the rules.

I would also like to suggest you be the first committee member and invite two other attendees to form a three member committee.

seatexan Platinum

Hmmm... Well see, if I am on the committee... I am only going to vote for myself! I can do that! but slightly unethical!

I vote IAHFLYR Mwahaha And pluto77

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

In case we have any Dentists in the house you could use this concept.

P1030322.JPG

Or if any sport enthusiasts you might consider this.

P1030323.JPG

Platinum 28 Reviews

Now IAHFLYR with a little creativity you can do better than that .

If all out there want me to make the decision unilaterally, that's up to you.

I will only facilitate the production, cost and shipping.  I will not partake in the design.

Let me know and I will at the earliest possible hour publish the rules.

Platinum 28 Reviews

It pains me to officially  exclude IAHFLYR from all decisions pertaining to the production and design of the tee shirts.

His behavior I have deemed unacceptable due to his suggestions of Non-Original design.

Sorry sir but it had to be decided.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

An official T-Shirt for TIPPLE?

And a design competition. Well clearly it should reflect the event, so...

May I suggest for starters:

image.jpeg

Followed by

image.jpeg

Then onto the sophisticates

image.jpeg

But perhaps ending up

image.jpeg

And a special one for you, misterchk

image.jpeg

Any one of the above should reflect TIPPLE very well. (Yes, it will, don't listen to bejacob  and his polite convo and hors d'ouvres... It's all about the beer and honking!)

So they're my entries to the esteemed committee!

Platinum 28 Reviews

It pains me to exclude  brightlybob  of any involvement for the same reasons I have been forced to exclude the gentleman (?) from Texas.  Additionally, we need the "copy" to be in American and not English.

Is that the seat SeaTexan had reserved for misterchk, the porcelain throne?

seatexan Platinum

OMG! ROFL!!!!!!

seatexan Platinum

brightlybob Ohhh soooo many ideas!!!! What is the deadline?  I am doing everything in my power to not be working oh this right now as client needs some signage photoshoped right now... ugh! So distracting.

Platinum 28 Reviews

First official rule:

All artwork must be original - the only exceptions allowed are Marriott Logos.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Official Rules Version 1-2

First official rule:

All artwork must be original - the only exceptions allowed are Marriott Logos.

Artwork must be sent to misterchk  in pdf format and sent via the "insider's website"

The creator of the design chosen will be given credit on the shirt.

When submitting your artwork - please include the color of the shirt that you have decided is best with your design.

Excuse me dear chap, but would you mind providing a translation of those aforesaid regulatory provisions into Queens English.

Thanks awfully

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

insider-threat-summit-31.jpeg

seatexan Platinum

This is funny b/c I was going to do something like TIPPLE THREAT!   Play on to Tripple...

seatexan Platinum

I'll have more coming! The background is the color of the t-shirt.  It's a blue grey.

Back

Tipple Back AC - 100dpi.jpg

Front (about pocket size and similar location)

Tipple Front AC 100dpi.jpg

EDIT: It looks like this forum can't handle high rez images... I'll try to fix this..for now...here they are.

EDIT 2: whoa! ok when you click on them they are HUGE!

EDIT 3: Sorry all - ok Please click on the image for a better resolution.

I was shocked to wake up this morning to find an email from @misterchk advising he'd been banned from the site due to inappropriate conduct and his account disabled. I don't know how long the ban will last but no doubt things will become clearer later. Anyone that wishes to contact Chuck can message me or alternatively post on this thread.

seatexan Platinum

I hope it is just temp! 

peymanagement Platinum

This truly is disappointing.

nmballoonist Platinum

Hmm, maybe I missed something between visits, but hadn't observed anything that I would consider inappropriate conduct. Maybe a bit pointed at times, but anyone following the forums would know what to expect from @misterchk.  However I thought he added a lot of value to the discussions. I hope after rehab and counseling    he returns to the forum.

I'd like to get the definition of "inappropriate conduct" that was used to ban him and yes very disappointing.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Here on Insiders, it is our goal to foster a sharing environment and we value all member’s opinions and ideas. We do have Terms & Conditions for the forum, which apply to both public threads and private messages.  We all must adhere to these, abusive language toward other members will not be tolerated.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Very true, but one must also look at the history of both parties involved.  There is always more to a story than just one post or even a string of posts.  I do respect the difficult complexities of moderation that must be dealt with, but still, the outcome is a disappointment from where I sit. There. I finally said it.

Like you, Pluto, I'm aware of what was said and the history but an outright instant (and what now has clearly become a forever) ban seems to be overkill. Admittedly we don't want this place to become like Flyertalk which can have a very forbidding attitude to new posters, but neither should the mods be banning a helpful, widely well regarded and knowledgeable member so summarily.

This community is all the poorer for MisterChk's absence.

peymanagement Platinum

I agree

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Well, I am glad he was banned.  He sent me a very disturbing and insulting DM a while ago which I did not respond to or report to the moderators.  Have regretted not reporting it to the moderators ever since.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I am very sorry to learn of your experience and can understand why you're glad he was banned.  There is no doubt in my mind that you did nothing to trigger such a DM. 

For some individuals, there seems to be no accounting for good judgement as Mr. Chk found out.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

An "ignore" feature -- which I've made good use of on other forums -- might not be a bad feature for this forum. Sadly, towards the end, I'd implemented my own "ignore button" --  aka delete on sight.

As one who found most of his posts entertaining there were those which crossed lines even I'd not think of crossing and that's saying something, so I get the distaste for some of them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...