5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2010 12:51 AM by klaus29 RSS

Point Savers are a bunch of ****!

nysdoher Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Twice I have tried to use the point savers to stay at a hotel. Twice i have not been able to use them. Last time I called into the reservations line they claimed that they could not see the same point savers screen as me. This time while they could see the point savers chart they told me they are unavailable. When i told them it was my understanding that there were no black out dates anymore - they told me too bad i need another 8000 points and that's the way it is. Now keep in mind this is for a hotel in its off season in Northern Michigan. ANNOYING!!!

• Re: Point Savers are a bunch of ****!
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Sounds like something is amiss, perhaps its an understanding of the policy?  As I understand it, the black out policy only says they will allow you to use points for stays at any time, it does not promise that you can use point savers or promotional terms.  Most hotels only have a certain number of rooms available for points at each level of point use (savers, normal, etc). 

From the sounds of it, they did not tell you that you could not use points to stay (aka a blackout) but simply that the type of the reward you wanted was not available.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but it is what it is.  My suggestions....If you are in an area with multiple hotels, check other properties.  If you are looking in a more remote area, perhaps you need to book farther in advance.  Another suggestion, call the property and speak to the manager.  Ultimately they are the ones with the power to grant/deny your request.  The MR desk is only going to follow policy and what they see on their screen, even for a Plat. Premier member (ask me how I know ;) )

Hope you can get it sorted somehow :)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Point Savers are a bunch of ****!"

To the contrary, Pointsavers is a global program which offers a discount UP to 33%.  Many hotels do offer them, and I have redeemed several over 2009. I think you may be referring to the Inn at Bay Harbor Renaissance Lake Michigan, a Category 5 hotel. It's Marriott's northernmost property in the state of Michigan and many say it's a great place.  While they do not have a Pointsaver Hotel Award at the 33% discount currently, consider using alternate PointSaver Hotel Award to Redeem 4 Nights Get the 5th Night Free. Per the schedule shown below, instead of redeeming 125,000 points for 5 nights, you only redeem 100,000 points which would be a 20% discount:

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/3ad23937.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

klaus29 Silver

first exuse my poor englisch

NYSDOHerr

when you make a reservation with marriott rewards points

do it your self  online via marriott.com. dont phone.

normaly never probleme. then  when you get

your reservation. you send a e mail to the hotel

and ask for a free upgrate.  for me this work very good

in 3 different hotels.

good  luck

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Did you take names and have you contacted Marriott Rewards?  I would and gently remind the folks there that there are rules that you followed and they did not.  If it's a misunderstanding I think they'll make it up to you--at least I have found them to be accommodating in that regard.

Good luck and post what happens.

klaus29 Silver

i think  many insider know better how

marriott rewards  work. alltime the same

its depand  what person you have on the phone

with  1 is no  and with 2 is yes.

one more time make it yourself via marriott.com

to 99 prozent you get what you want.

and you have to ask nobady

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...