3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2016 10:36 AM by iahflyr RSS

JW MARRIOTT in Cancun

ryan3131 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi guys,

Newer Gold Elite member here and  I booked a week in Cancun at the JW on points.  The customer service rep told me not to expect a club level upgrade but he would be surprised if I didn't get upgraded. Has anyone ever stayed here and been upgraded? Is there anything i can do to try to procure it? thanks

Ryan

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cancun Mexico
JW marrott
  • Re: JW MARRIOTT in Cancun
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Welcome to Insiders Ryan and a good question. 

As one who has stayed at the JW Cancun and bought the upgrade to Club 91, pretty sure there will not be any complimentary upgrade to the Club.  The Club 91 offers food throughout the day and at least at our visit was pretty good food and the service was impeccable.  I don't see them offering upgrades other than using points or paying for it.

If you were thinking of spending money/points to upgrade the room we had was huge with balconies overlooking the beach at the end of the hotel wings. 

IMG00006-20100702-1006.jpgIMG00009-20100702-1548.jpg

You also should ask yourself do you want to eat in the Club or venture out for the local dining experiences?  If you want to remain on site you may want to upgrade.  It is a nice option to have.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ryan3131 Platinum

IAHFLYR  thanks a lot you just convinced me. I looked it seems like it would be like 350 for five days, does that sound about right?

AMazing view!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Honestly I do not remember what the cost was as it was some time ago, sorry.  I'm certainly that we booked the Club 91 rate rather as it seemed to be a better deal than buying the Club from the regular room rates. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...