2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2016 4:26 PM by bejacob RSS

Missing Bonus Points on Special Rates

brantmf Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have stayed at least four separate times using special rates with "bonus points" which usually range from 1,000 - 3,000. It's nothing huge, but at the same price or slightly less I have been selecting these special rates. These are not additional elite points or lounge closure additions, but special rates.

I have now had at least four of these bonus points fail to post. Renaissance NYC Hotel 57, Renaissance Pittsburgh, CY NYC Manhattan, Lexington NYC. I wait the ten days and the regular rewards are posting, but never the bonus. I have sent emails through Marriott and the points are usually added fairly quickly, except for the Renaisance NYC Hotel 57 which took several month. This seems to be a system issue that no one is concerned about or they purposely aren't adding until contacted. Either way it's a bad process and frustrating to have to track these and hound someone.

Is anyone else having this issue and is everyone watching their points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missing Bonus Points on Special Rates
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi brantmf,

Sorry to hear that your bonus points have not been posting to your account after multiple stays. If you send me a private message with your Rewards number and either reservation numbers or property names & dates of stays and amount of points you believed to have been awarded at each one, I will provide out team with this information to investigate. Thanks for reaching out so we can provide assistance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missing Bonus Points on Special Rates
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I've seen it happen a time or two. The bonus points are the responsibility of the individual hotel. One location I stayed at said they only post those points a couple times a week. I always watch my points closely.

My recent issue has been with advance purchase rates booked through Marriott. The last 2 times I used these rates because of significant savings, my status didn't show up on the reservation. It wasn't until my rewards number was punched in on a different screen did it show that I'm a Platinum elite. Not only that, but both times I didn't receive the Platinum arrival gift points and had to call customer service to get it sorted out.

So, yes there are system problems probably since the software is still DOS based (the same property that told me about the manual posting shared this fact as well). We all need to watch our points to make sure they post correctly. Much of the time, everything posts fine. It does seem to be special rates (advanced purchase and bonus points in particular) that cause most of the issues.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...