2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2010 5:50 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Marriot Eagle Crest, Ypsilanti Michigan

usndoc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I do not know what the status is of this hotel, but it does not conform to Marriott standards. The rooms were moldy smelling and old, and the offering in the concierge lounge were horrendous. I do not think I have ever been served meatballs boiled in plain water. I complained to the desk and got restaurant coupons.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriot Eagle Crest, Ypsilanti Michigan
    goalie Platinum

It doesn't happen often, but probably 2-3X's last year I got into a "sub" par Marriott (like will not return until a renovation).  I do not expect this from Marriott and it always gives me a uck factor. Dirty drapes are the worst!

If the customer survey was simpler and easier to fill out and you were rewarded for filling it out (a few extra points) then maybe these facilities could be identified by your best and most loyal customers. We can spot things like radar. It is also interesting that I noticed an increase in scripted, bland responses from some front desk staff (esp. in the leased properties) when you do voice a concern (or like when you are surprised by the notice on the pool "closed until further notice") I have never had any follow-up or feed back to an oral complaint or observation. Almost like a lack of empowerment or we're sorry for the inconvience but we really don't care. Kind of seems to be getting a little more frequent rather than less frequent (opposite of what you expect in a down hotel market). I hate having to go to a GM; I am there is sleep, not complain.  

Both facilities last year were properties that were operated by hotel management groups and not corporate Marriotts. There is always a difference. They were both Courtyards which just on principle I usually avoid because of no free breakfast. I have also identified a few facilities where the rooms are screaming for a renovation but can never find out if one is scheduled or not. It would be helpful if under "about this hotel" consistently it tells exactly what years there was a refurbishing or "freshening" of the rooms. If the last refresh was over 5 years ago, I will opt for another hotel.

Simple stuff if your interested from your most loyal. By the way, the new Residence Inn in the Gaslight district, San Diego is a real star! The Residence Inn breakfasts could use a relook. Kind of getting dated and quality is variable.

Happy 2010!

Goalie  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriot Eagle Crest, Ypsilanti Michigan
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

USNdoc,

I had the same experience here!

The lounge area was something out of an old "B" movie.

Really interesting to be a "Resort"?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...