1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 6, 2016 3:08 PM by tryt53 RSS

SPG AmEx bonus offer

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If you haven't had the SPG AmEx card before, there's a 35,000 SPG bonus points offer and first year's annual fee waived if you apply on or before March 30, 2016 and charge at least $3000 in the first 3 months. 

I signed up because we've got some travel plans to places with Starwood properties but no Marriott presence, and I'm not sure the merger will be completed by the time we travel.  I also figure it won't hurt to rack up a few SPG points before the merger even though there is much talk about how Marriott will devalue them after the merger.  We might burn them all up on our travels before the merger is complete, so it's probably a non-issue.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: SPG AmEx bonus offer
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

clebert I just got it a couple of days ago, as well. With the $3000 spending in the first 3 months, you will have at least 38,000 SPG points, and these are great transfer to airlines miles for free airline tickets. On top of this, SPG points give you 25,000 airline miles for every 20,000 points transferred. So with just a little extra points, you will have 40,000 points that transfer to 50,000 airline miles. That is close to a free business class ticket on many airlines!

Also, If someone sends a friend a referral (like you or I, or anyone that has a card) the referrer gets an extra 5,000 points when they get the card and use it. I'm sure we'd both happily refer anyone that wants a referral email from us

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...