This discussion is locked
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2016 12:23 PM by nhtraveler RSS

Platinum challenge

platnumrewind Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Note from your Community Managers:  For all inquires and requests regarding Status Challenges, please refer to the following thread:

Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

How do I request a platinum challenge

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum challenge
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi platnumrewind, welcome to the Insiders Forum!  For more information about the status challenges, please see bejacob wonderful write up, Am I Eligible for a Gold (or Platinum) Challenge?.  I have also sent you a private message to start the conversation.  Please let me know if you haven't received it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum challenge
    nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Platnumrewind - I've seen Gold challenges but in the many years I've been a Rewards member, I can't recall ever seeing a Platinum challenge. I'm not saying that they don't exist, but I suspect that that the thinking is to give Gold challenges in the anticipation that once one gets into that range, the Rewards member will work to achieve Platinum on his or her own. I remember getting a "Taste of Gold" promotion many moons ago and since then, I did everything I could to continue to earn Gold and then Platinum (and now, my Lifetime Platinum). My first stay as a Gold member under the promotion was at the Camelback Inn in Arizona. That was enough to convince me as to the benefits of Gold or Platinum membership!

I wish you success in getting a Platinum challenge. I'll be interested in seeing if Marriott does offer them. I have a good friend who would be a excellent candidate for one as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...