10 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2016 3:01 PM by bejacob RSS

About Spring MegaBonus 2016

wilf Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, I'm a newbie. I have completed #1 #2 of Spring MegaBonus 2016 promotion, Is there any way that I could get the "XXXX bonus points for each paid night, up to a total of XXXX points" offer or the "Stay XX nights and get XXXXX bonus points" offer?

Spring MegaBonus 2016 promotion in my account:

MROFFER.png

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Re: About Spring MegaBonus 2016
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi wilf,

Welcome to the Community!  Would you mind sending me a direct message with your Rewards number? I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you.  Thanks in advance!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

wilf Platinum

Hi carat,

I have sent you a message.

Thanks.

tkodiak Platinum 1 Reviews

Hmmmm....I was never given the opportunity to sign up for this megabonus.... Is there a reason not everyone is offered these Promotions? I am a Platinum Elite member..... UPDATE.....I gave a call to the rewards hotline and they gave me my points and free night. They were not sure why the Promotion never showed up in any emails or on the promotion site on my computer but they made it right! The folks on the rewards desk rock!!!! Thank you very much!

TKodiak

monisame Platinum

Same happens to me!!! I  am just asking why some members  don t have the chance to enter.!!!  I had stays during the promotion time.  Should I call Marriott Rewards as you did yesterday. It is not easy for me to reach them by phone. Hope  carat  can give me a help with  this issue. Thanks a lot

Location Brand Hotel
      Buenos Aires, Argentina
        bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

It happens every year. Some people get left out. I don't know if it's a glitch in the system, but I've been left out at least twice. Both times I called the customer service number a few days after the promotion was announced and they signed me up.

My best advice is to check this site in January and August, about 15-30 days before the promotions normally start (there is usually one beginning Feb 1 and another Sept 15). It's a major topic of discussion when the MegaBonus comes out.

You weren't singled out or deliberately excluded. Status doesn't matter (platinums, golds, and silvers have all been left out before). There seems to be no rhyme or reason. The best way to be included is to be knowledgeable about when the promotion should be out there then take action if for some reason you are excluded. The time to do that is before the promo period begins.

So make sure you check back at the end of summer so it doesn't happen again.

monisame Platinum

Thanks a lot for your advise. I really don t know why I was not invited.  Same happens to me with other promotion. I will give them a call. Again thanks

stakeholder Platinum

hi

i called to be included... stayed 12 nights... was scheduled to complete ON the 15th... but my last nights got moved out to the following week.

When I called MR desk, a rude person answered the phone (will remain nameless here) and essentially said that I should be glad that i have an opportunity to be part of Marriott Brand.... excuse me?

Anyway, even though the MR people can see that I was 'booked' and STAYED for all but the last night, and that my booking WOULD have let me complete the required nights, AND the booking was moved to the following week, (they could see the cancellation), they refused to award me ANY points at all... I could have deployed those nights at an alternative chain and gotten somewhere.... i wrote to MR both online and through email..

Got ZIP in response.... quite disappointing.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Not sure I agree with the attitude you got from the rep, but I'm not surprised by the result. You didn't make the 15 nights by end of the promotion, so you wouldn't earn the points. I don't see how you were wronged on that issue. Disappointing, sure. Would complete and did complete are not the same thing. If that were the case, folks could book and then cancel however many nights needed just to earn bonus points.

Now, how you were treated, that's a different story. Definitely not in the spirit to serve that Marriott employees usually demonstrate.

tkodiak Platinum 1 Reviews

I would call them. They were very understanding and jumped on the chance to make it right.

T

monisame Platinum

I call them. They told me that my stays were unlegible to get the bonus. It seems that you need two stays and eleven nights to reach a free night! or extra points. Really I don't understand. I completed two stays of three nights each between february and March !!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...